hi to all! I am new to the candle making artform and wanted to thank all in advance for the wonderful info i have found so far!

My question is this i poured a couple of pillars the other nite the turned out ok but when i tried to use up the leftover wax in a mold similar to small cinnamon bun ( or a big tea lite) after pour and repour looked ok pulled out of the mold and there was all this liquid on the bottom? on one of them tilled sideways and it just ran out of the candle:confused: any help would be appreciated!:grin2:

TIA

Twas probably FO, so suggestion would be to you to use more heat and make sure your FO has mixed in with your wax before pouring. If you wait to color till after the FO mixes in, you will be able to see if there is an oil slick or not on the bottom of your pour pot. It doesn't work for everyone, but heating up scents that have some vanilla or are known to be heavy has made it a bit easier to blend with the wax.

Other thing, how much FO did you use per pound of wax? Gotta weigh that stuff out on a trust scale! Sometimes you can use too much and get the result you got.

In addition, sometimes you just run into a scent that is so stubborn it won't mix.

It's not a preblended wax. If you have some steric, you can put in 1-3 T per pound and that will help minimize that slick and sogginess. If you want a straight one-colored candle, add about 1/4 tsp vybar103 to a lb. of wax ... or use UA at whatever the recommendation is on the packet it comes in.

If heating up, get your wax to about 185-190 range and then let it cool down a little before pouring. You just want it high enough to help get that FO to bind with the wax, but I'm thinking you probably used the wax straight and overloaded it now that you've said it's Yaley wax. Additives will help with the oil slick lol.