70/30 wax

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 70%(soy)/30%(paraffin) Container Blend
  • Holds 8-10% fragrance oil per pound of wax.
  • Has great hot and cold throw.
  • Adheres great to the container sides.

Heat wax to 190°F - 195°F. Add fragrance and dye and stir.

66 pound case

That's what it says at TN

Hope that helps.

Meg

70% soy.

I have been reading on the 4630,j223,6006,and sp from wsp(anyone have a prefrence on these) gosh...thing is they( my supplier) quit carrying the 70/30 because of it being inconsistant. which it has, this last batch was soooo different from the previous batches...are they all inconsistant? some more than others? I know to expect some but this is major! Thanks!

70% soy.

I have been reading on the 4630,j223,6006,and sp from wsp(anyone have a prefrence on these) gosh...thing is they( my supplier) quit carrying the 70/30 because of it being inconsistant. which it has, this last batch was soooo different from the previous batches...are they all inconsistant? some more than others? I know to expect some but this is major! Thanks!

Did you get my email??? Let me know ok

Thanks

Meg

WOW..

I remember when Greenleaf was advertising the 70/30 wax on this board and was offering free samples to people to try..

I think a got a free 1oz sample of teakwood too...

Sorry to hear it is now being discontinued...:cry2:

Maybe you can start mixing your own 70/30 blend of soy and paraffin.

You can buy greenleaf's 70/30 directly from the company that they get it from in Dallas. The name escapes me at the moment but I have a slab of it out in the shop still in the box so I'll look tomorrow unless someone here knows who I'm talking about and can chime in. They have both the 70% Paraffin and the 70% Soy.

When I spoke to their rep for a sample two years ago he volunteered the info that they were the supplier to greenleaf. Personally, I think the wax is crap and I blend my own with different %'s that I think is WAY better, but what do I know. ;)

I will say that I loved GL 70/30 soy/par wax but with the price of shipping, wax, etc....I began to blend my own.

Right now I am doing more of a par/soy blend. I got half way thru re-testing my scents and found a better soy than I was testing with so I am at ground zero again. However, what I just found for my blend has been the best combo I came up with in years.

So long story short..lmao...I agree with Grumpy do you own...

I definantly know this batch is CRAP! I have 3 cases of it! When we first started with it...I really liked it! Beautiful, had no problems wicking or scent throw!( then we ordered more) And now I have some not so nice words for it! I know one thing when I find which one I want to go with I am sooo ordering bulk and same batch numbers! Thats one way to hurt your buisness real quick...puting out candles made from a sorry batch! Thank the lord I figured this out before our fundraiser oct. 1st. Anyway I think IGI 4630 and 6006 is local...anybody like this wax? LeeAnn~

I am sorry to hear that some of you have had bad experiences with our wax. I am also sorry to hear that Green Leaf is no longer carrying this wax. They did a great job promoting this product.

While I will be the first to admit there have been 2 or 3 batches that were outside the norm...over all - the product has remained very consistent for many years and hundreds of thousands of pounds of production history. We still have a large user base for this product and do have not plans to discontinue it.

Interested parties can contact TN Candle supply. I am available to answer any questions. My toll free number is 866.400.0921.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Brad Ford

Clarus Speciatly Products

www.claruswax.com

Thank you for posting this. :)

I am sorry to hear that some of you have had bad experiences with our wax. I am also sorry to hear that Green Leaf is no longer carrying this wax. They did a great job promoting this product.

While I will be the first to admit there have been 2 or 3 batches that were outside the norm...over all - the product has remained very consistent for many years and hundreds of thousands of pounds of production history. We still have a large user base for this product and do have not plans to discontinue it.

Interested parties can contact TN Candle supply. I am available to answer any questions. My toll free number is 866.400.0921.

Brad Ford

www.claruswax.com

Brad Ford

www.claruswax.com

I was a fan of your wax and Brenda always did a great job in helping with any issues with batches. I haven't ordered 70/30 in a while so not sure what happened on the last few batches but overall I was completely happy with this wax. My only reason for ditching it was PRICE! Holy crap it got expensive. I'm using J50 now mainly because I can afford it and pick it up local but it doesn't adhear well...I had the temps down on the 70/30 and it always adheared perfectly...I miss that!

I guess that is one way to do it! just need to find which soy and parrifin! LeeAnn~

I tried 6006 with 415 in a few different combinations.... it was ok. I then tried J223 with 415 and liked it so much better.

I ended up with a 75% 415 - 25% J223 and am quite happy with it!

HTH

P.S. I found 415 to blend better than Ecosoya pure.

Can anyone tell me what they like in their para soy blend wax? I am testing CD's and have not tried LX yet. I have tested a new wick called Ultra but the 3.0 size is too big and burns the 8 oz. square mason jars.

DebK..... I like getting the long lasting burn of the soy and less soot but not having the frosting. The small amount of paraffin makes the candles really beautiful and creamy. They look great after a burn too.

It is also very easy to work with. I have not found making my own blend to be an issue. I did try the 6006 but the paraffin was way too high for my liking and after trying both blends (6006 & J223 with 415) I found the J223 to be more of what I wanted in my blend.

I use CDN's with my blend.

HTH