70/30 wax

Bean -- is your HT dissatisfaction been w/ a lot of fo's, or are you just getting started w/ a few? Are all the fo's from the same supplier? I'm just asking cause maybe you've had the bad luck to hit a stretch of fo's that simply won't throw in soy.

Susan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been with a lot of FO's. I use fo from CS, NG and illuminations. I was noticing I had many candles lit and when I would come back up from the basement or in from outside, I didn't smell candles burning. I started asking ppl when they came in if they smell the candles, they said no. unless you hover the candles themselves. When I use hansel and gretel, 7up pound cake, cinnamon bun, I could smell them, but all the newer fall scents I wasn't smelling. So I took my strongest fo which seemed to be cinn-spice and poured 3. All same jar, same amount of fo and same color chips. I made one with cdn 16, one lx24 and then the third one I used lx24 but added fo at 185 instead of the 150. I put all 3 candles in different rooms to check the difference. All day yesterday and the day before they burned. The only way to smell them was to hover. The one that smelled the beswt up close was the one w/lx24 wick w/fo poured at 150. The one poured at 185 smelled like hot wax. I called a supplier near me and she advised me to try blending my 415 with what she is sending me igi r-9798 vicory blend and j223. I guess I am going to start blending with the victory blend in my 415 and see if I can get better HT.

Has the 415 ever worked well for you? If not, sounds like you might be beating a dead horse. If you add 30% of a wax that throws well to 70% of a wax that isn't throwing, the math isn't going to work. I've heard soy wax can vary w/ crops, but I haven't seen any threads on a bad run of 415. It's been quite a while since I've used 415 -- I'd rate it as one of the best soys. Maybe this wax just isn't for you. Personally, I'd jump off a sinking ship & try a different wax.

Susan.

Yes the 415 has worked for me with most fos but I was looking for little boost in the ht. My 415 smells good but I thought if I blended a wax that ht is good, I could end up with GREAT! This fo that I was trying to get a throw out of is cinnamon spice. I bought 2 different bottles from 2 different suppliers, neither would throw. My tarts won't even throw. I guess I better put that scent back for air freshners instead. I was just trying to get someones opinion that has used 415 and blended with another wax to get the GREAT ht.

Fun flames did you add any additives to your 415 and j223? I have been using 415 for a while here and I just ordered j223 to blend with it to see if I get any better ht. If it's still the same I will stick with the 415 and write my problem off on some bad fo's.

No additives.... I just use the 415 and J223. I have been happy with my results so far.

I do not like the mix for tealights though... I have started testing a 50/50 blend for that. I know tealights are tiny but I want a huge smell from them! LOL

I hope you find the results you are looking for.

Happy Testing

Danielle

I have been blending the 6006 at first 50/50 hwich is great but wanted to keep more to the soy that I advertise so blending 2 to 1 (2 lb.s soy and 1 lb. 6006.). I use the Ultra wicks from Fil Tec wicks. I love them. Even in straight soy that have one heck of a hot throw and the wicks don't move when burning. I love them.