sachets or ornies?

CandleChic

Hi all,

I make the ornies with the cookie cuters and they sell really well for me. But I'm wondering if you guys sell the ornies or sachets better? I'm thinking about only carrying the beads in organza bags. I saw some at Wallyworld, and thought they were kind of expensive...the bags. And if I went with the sachets, what size do you use and has anyone used the corn cob in organza? I did used to make the corn cobs and put in muslin..those went well to. I'm getting tired of making the ornies I guess.

And where do you get your organza bags? There has to be other places here other than WM. We have a Hobby Lobby and Michaels I haven't checked out yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Thanks bunches!

I've had aroma beads soaking for almost a year. I made several ornies last fall with the cookie cutters and did not like the results. I'm going to test a few using the organza bags and see if they scent better. The baked Christmas Trees that I made didn't scent my vehicle at all.

I was at Michael's last week and they have organza bags in the bridal section. I think there were 12 in a package for $5.99. We have 2 Michael's in my area...I was at the smaller store and their selection of colored bags wasn't the greatest. They also had smaller white bags packaged...again I think there were 40 bags for $19.99.

I was there for other things and just happened to see them on an end cap. I'm going to check out what they have at the larger Michael's store in the next few weeks.

Maggie

I too didn't like the results of my ornies. I used the organza bags with aroma beads. I get the beads from BCN and the organza bags are super cheap from idearibbon.com Last time I ordered I got several hundred for $30.

http://idearibbon.com/favor-bags-flat-organza-bags.html

Each "pack" has 30 bags. So when you get 10 packs for $27.00, you get 300, and they have every color you could want!

I think the sachet bags last longer then the baked ornies. I do both but am thinking of only doing the organz. bags.

The website below organza.com has them on sale 30 for $2.40 9 cent each. I have gotten them for idealribbons also. I use the 3x4 holds about 4 tb. of beads. Pat

Thanks guys!!!!

I'll go check out those places...I asked the son's last night and their friends which one's they liked and they said the bags..but they are men,lol. My youngest said the women liked the shapes..lol..but I am sick of making them. I just thought the organza bags were expensive at Walmart...guess that's the going rate. I'll have to go check out the site you all said..sounds a heck of a lot cheaper!!!

I think I'm gonna do the organza..tired of messing with the baking.:undecided

The ornies are cute, but they are alot of work and I think the baking process takes away too much of the scent (plus my oven was stinking to high heaven). I also have switched to just bags, organza for fancy and muslin for car fresheners (which you toss under the seat). I make the muslin ones myself and stitch them closed so they can't come open and then tie with jute to make them look like a small sack.

Yes, they can melt. I *ahem* squish my beads around once in a while. My mother's totally melted BUT it didn't come out or seep out of the organza! The difference is that she actually had it sitting on her dash, mine hangs. No hanging ones ever melted down like that.

I like the look of the organza bags, I was given some to try think they are called bonbonieres? like round bags, that you draw shut. They are nice for fragrancing wardrobes etc, but my biggest seller by far are the ornies.

I make them in christmas designs too for tree ornies. At one point I couldn't make them fast enough.

Although just last week, hubby complained the roast potatoes tasted of vanilla :o I completely cleaned out the oven the next day, and so far, I only make one tray each morning, and leave the oven door open for the rest of the day.

Hi!

You are so right about selling them out!

I guess I'll keep making the ornies then..my family thinks they sell better and ppl like the looks of them..I sell out everytime I make them..hubby takes them with him and they let my youngest put them in a basket at his job and sell them for reg. price there.

I sell mostly Texas shape and the heart shape. I do want a deer head for deer season..my son's friend wants a Dallas Cowboy ornie..so I'm gonna see about getting the star cookie cutters that sit in one another and do the dark blue and white..maybe.

I don't have white dye,lol. But I think the tech. would work.

They also said make a few and see how it goes..but ppl like picking them out,ya know?

I have made so much on them already..in fact most of that has helped me buy my candle supplies..lol.

Ok..guess I'll stay..I also thought about the Christmas ones for the tree...so those do well to??? Do you pkg them in 3's or just sell seperate?

I need to go order some more cutters,lol...

thanks!:D

I like the look of the organza bags' date=' I was given some to try think they are called bonbonieres? like round bags, that you draw shut. They are nice for fragrancing wardrobes etc, but my biggest seller by far are the ornies.

I make them in christmas designs too for tree ornies. At one point I couldn't make them fast enough.

Although just last week, hubby complained the roast potatoes tasted of vanilla :o I completely cleaned out the oven the next day, and so far, I only make one tray each morning, and leave the oven door open for the rest of the day.[/quote']

Could they be made in a toaster oven? Would not make as many at a time but would eliminate the oven odor and they could be made one after the other. Could they be scented after they are melted into a shape????

I package mine individually in little bags with a card holder across the top with the label on.

I sell all mine for £3 each which I guess is @$6?

I tried a star within a star, came out pretty nice but bit of a moo to get the beads to stay within their star lol.

I even tried putting coloured 'baubles' on a tree one this week but can't quite see the design until you hold it up.

mmm a toaster oven, is that what we call a toaster in the UK or an actual oven?

I'm always looking for cutters too, esp a car one, I need a decent sized car one, mine is tiny

I haven't tried the beads in sachet bags yet but sell a lot of the ornies. I couldn't even tell you how many cutters I have. I have a blast making them with different colors. It is just a pain mixing different beads in different colors of the same scent. I have 2 shelves on my shelving unit in the basement filled with beads mixed and ready to go. I get my cutters from a local candy store, the craft stores or online at

www.foosecutters.com or www.cincicakeandcandy.com One of these places has a texas shaped cookie cutter. I've never noticed the scent staying in my oven (it's gas). I mostly do my ornie baking at night so I guess by the time I use the oven again it's all gone.

Yep..you can make them in a toaster oven..the smell dosen't linger at all. I do use my oven to, but to make a small batch i have used it..it works just fine. I did screw up and put them in the freezer one time..NEVER AGAIN!!!:undecided LOL

Everything smelled and tasted like fo...it actually gets in everything..lol.I ruined everything in there. They are easiest to pull off cookie sheet when cooled but still barely warm..I have never had a problem. Only when I let cool completely.

I'll not do the organza bags yet..the kids said try them..they like those to but hubby thinks the shapes and colors is what helps them sell! we have a local hobby shop that carries the shapes I need including the Texas one but sunday they were out!! So i found Off the Beaten Path online which has a deer head to.

I figured the star within a star would be a booger, but thought I MIGHT try it,lol..who knows..lol.

the star within a star, put the smaller mold inside bigger one and try and place something roughly that size over the top, pour into outer star, then pour into inner star, try and make sure the beads are the same high, so when you remove the inner star they don't fall over into the middle.

One problem I have, is I use baking sheets rather than trays and sometimes they bend without you noticing, so after you've carefully filled all your cutters, you lift the tray up and boom, all the cutters bounce up off the tray and theres beads everywhere :D

We've had problems this year of our ornies melting....I made a friend of mine a daisy-shaped ornie....in just a few weeks, it completely stretched to about 6" long. Crazy!

Considering making the switch to sachets as well, but still gonna hang on through the Christmas season...

I've heard others on another board saying about their ornies melting and falling off the hanger. I use a darning needle to make the hole for my hanger which is thin cording (not the elastic kind). I sort of push the needle through the ornie then I turn it over so I am pushing against the eye and I Push it against a dishtowel against the counter and with a little effort it goes right through. I also spray my cookie sheet with cooking spray and use a paper towel with cooking spray to wipe the inside of my cutter and the edge that will be against the cookie sheet. I've never had any stick since doing this.

Wick 'n Wax, a toaster oven is a very small countertop oven--it's usually smaller than a microwave--I use mine often to cook bread for DH since I don't eat bread.

I've about decided not to make any more ornies and use bags, but every year I plan to make some pine-scented ornies for people with artificial Christmas trees--I will try to remember to do those this year and only make some for Christmas, then go back to bags.

Really stupid question....never done sachets or ornies but have been considering it. but instead of using the organza bags what about envelopes? Like what you can buy in gift shops and everything? Like I said I apologize if this is a stupid question but I have no clue. I was going to start checking websites to price them out but everytime Ive bought or been given a car air freshener its always been the ones in envelopes.

I've decided I may try both..and I'll let you all know if I go get the material and make my own "circles" LOL And they probably do need to be bigger than 9" cuz they look small in the pic when tied up..I wondered about that myself! Those look more like little rice throwers for weddings. I want the more masculine look I think.

dirtbirdsoaps,

I have no clue about the envelopes but I don't know why not. I see them being sold everywhere..I think ppl use them in their drawers,closets. I don't know wherre to get the envelopes though..so maybe someone on here can answer that!!

I think it's a good idea myself.:D

I do both and use both but ornies sell better for me, people like the different designs. I've never had problems with cookie cutters, of course I let them sit for at least 6 hours before removing.

I'm in Hawaii and they have never melted on me.

I prefer 4 -5 inch cutters. they are perfect size. I use elastic bands to string them, don't recall anyone having problems.

Envelopes wouldn't be good cause the fo can seep thur.

I do both and use both but ornies sell better for me, people like the different designs. I've never had problems with cookie cutters, of course I let them sit for at least 6 hours before removing.

I'm in Hawaii and they have never melted on me.

I prefer 4 -5 inch cutters. they are perfect size. I use elastic bands to string them, don't recall anyone having problems.

Envelopes wouldn't be good cause the fo can seep thur.

Read that the metallic elastic melts the ornies where as the non metallic doesn't. Are elastic bands you use metallic or what type are they?