Just Scent FO's are awesome! Check'em out!

candlelady

IGI 6006

8 oz. square mason jars

CD14 wicks

As someone mentioned, that all FO's and wax combinations don't necessarily make a "great" candle....so testing is a must, not only for these types of scenarios, but testing methods may differ as well.

I am only speaking of MY experiences with JS FO's in my wax, with my wicks, etc....

But Pumpkin Patchouli is a MUST for everyone to try!

Thanks for all your comments, etc..

Carrie

DAAAAAAAH! ANother F.O. to add to my "to try list" LOL I love there vanilla Patchouli so I bet this ones great!

Interesting comment. Judge, jury and executioner? :whistle:

Personal difficulties and business do not mix, from an ethics viewpoint. I have used to carry two oils from JS. However~since she kicked me off her mailing list for no reason, other than guilty by association, I choose not use this supplier. I much prefer businesses that have outstanding professionalism.

If you'd stay away from me, you wouldn't have these problems.

puplaugh.gifpuplaugh.gifpuplaugh.gif

Well JS/Becky kicked me off her mailing list and forum just because I have a YAHOO addy! I complained about it, and she said all I'd need to do is change my addy-uhh NOT! :rolleyes:

Oh well, really only two of her oils threw well for me, and I've replaced them.

I tried Christmas Splendor and Orange Clove in the 464 wax and it did very well for me. I bought these off the classies and tried them. I have never ordered from JS. I have my fav suppliers already and cant add another to the list. But those are two scents that did VERY WELL in my soy.

The IGI 6006 is alot easier to get just about anything to throw in. That is why I like the para-soy mixes. I would imagine almost ANY scent JS sells would be good in the 6006.

tootie

Haven't snooped around at JS in a while since I'm not pouring for "business" purposes anymore, but I'll have to go take a peek for sure now!

Back in my business days, her FO's worked fabulous in the CBL waxes. Along with great customer service, I had no complaints and the best part.... no complaints from the many customers!:D

I have only used GB 415..

But I have considerd trying to use some parifin, to see if some of

the scents that I just love OOB would have a good HT..

Could I add parifin to the 415? Have any of you tried it?

I have seen some on here do IGI 4630 I think in 50/50 mix. I am going to try the 4630/464 mix at 50/50 and see how it compares to the discontinued 6036.

tootie

I noticed price increases the last time I checked JS. I wonder if she is ordering better quality oils??

I doubt it. At the time I was removed from her mailing list all of her oils were $15 and less. It doesn't sound like they're any better than they were back then. Same crap, higher prices.

I noticed price increases the last time I checked JS. I wonder if she is ordering better quality oils??

I've noticed the prices go up and down depending on what kind of sale she is having that week. I have receipts of orders where I paid a certain price, then will notice a "sale" and go look at the oils I normally buy and they will have increased in price so you really aren't getting 'sale prices' on some of the oils when its been increased for the sale. She discontinues ALOT of oils too so becareful when you find one you really like, it may not last long!

I've noticed the prices go up and down depending on what kind of sale she is having that week. I have receipts of orders where I paid a certain price, then will notice a "sale" and go look at the oils I normally buy and they will have increased in price so you really aren't getting 'sale prices' on some of the oils when its been increased for the sale. She discontinues ALOT of oils too so becareful when you find one you really like, it may not last long!

Ok, think about what you just said.....you think any one supplier buys 1000's of lbs. of FO at one time.....? No....that's a liability on their part if the FO doesn't sell.....I'm sure most buy 200-400 lbs.....when it's time to re-order, what makes you think the price will stay the same as it was 2, 4 or 6 months ago....I'm sure some suppliers absorb what they can, then have to pass the increase onto us...just like us owning our candle businesses....are your candles the same price as 2, 4 or 6 months ago? Mine sure aren't.....geez, gas is up, down, up, down....glass is going up, milk, eggs, bread, cheese,,,,, they operate no differently than any other "supplier" you buy goods from....

No, you were not to blame in the least.

Sowwy. I'll save you for the next dilemma. Sound good? :laugh2:

lol, sure, why not! I get the blame anyway, so why not now?

:D

My suppliers have stayed pretty much within the same price range for years. Maybe a dollar per lb here and there, but for the most part, not fluctuating prices all over the place at all. Except Patchouli, for which there is a reason. They've also carried the same scents for years, adding but rarely removing. And when they do discontinue a scent, they close it out on a special page and give plenty of notice.

My candles are the same price they were 4 years ago. So far, I've managed to absorb the extra shipping charges I have to pay when I order. Don't know how much longer I can do that, though.

Ok, think about what you just said.....you think any one supplier buys 1000's of lbs. of FO at one time.....? No....that's a liability on their part if the FO doesn't sell.....I'm sure most buy 200-400 lbs.....when it's time to re-order, what makes you think the price will stay the same as it was 2, 4 or 6 months ago....I'm sure some suppliers absorb what they can, then have to pass the increase onto us...just like us owning our candle businesses....are your candles the same price as 2, 4 or 6 months ago? Mine sure aren't.....geez, gas is up, down, up, down....glass is going up, milk, eggs, bread, cheese,,,,, they operate no differently than any other "supplier" you buy goods from....

OK, think about what YOU just said! Did I say "months" in my post? Did I say "weeks ago"? NO I didn't! JS changes her prices out on some of the oils on a WEEKLY BASIS! Just start paying attention to her price list and get your head out of her butt! You might realize this! And who the heck said anything about when the supplier has to re-order? Now, a little touchy aren't we?

Edited to add:Oh, and my prices on my candles don't change weekly or monthly either! In fact I've been able to keep the prices pretty steady, as I like to try and do that for my customers who I appreciate! Also, my other suppliers prices have been pretty much the same across the board! No discontinueds, no oil price increases really, pretty much the same ol' same ol' as far as pricing! Wax has been the only issue, but its been that way for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Lovely new for you? I am asking cuz I love the perfume and would love to match it in a candle and was curious how close it was. I don't order much from JS but the few I do order I love.

I just put in an order on fri for some Cashmere, pink bombshell, amber desires, more pink sugar, Lovely by sarah jessica parker and Frosted Pumpkin for my swap. Cant wait to smell a couple of them.