Easy Peasy Soap Mold Lining System

I don't know about you but I am sick of lining my molds. I ran out of freezer paper and I had a roll of that kitchen cabinet lining stuff and used that to line my mold instead. I made my template, folded my creases, and then carefully peeled away the backing, and laid it into my mold. Took 10 minutes, but at least I won't have to line these babies again for a good while, and I lined 10 molds and only spent $6 on the rolls. I kept one mold unlined to use as my cutting mold (these are the molds Anhoki's dad made for me. They are slotted.)

HPIM1159.jpg

HPIM1160-1.jpg

HPIM1161.jpg

I don't know if it's because I use a log not a slab, but this did not work out for me. I usually have to cut my soap 12-24 hours after making or it's getting too hard, but I could not even get the loaf out on day two, putting it in the freezer, etc. I did mineral oil it too. I took the mold apart to get it out - no biggie, it will go back together easy enough.

I'm glad it works for you though! :)

• 1 year later...
as in shelf paper? (the plasticy type with the adhesive backing) now there's an idea....

I have some book cover stuff that looks very similar (left over from my son' who is in elementary school) that I might try.

Not exactly the same, some rolls are just matte paper finished, but others have a littel gloss to them, I am assuming the glossed ones will allow more release.

I have some left over and and gonna give it a try.

Just a tip for those using freezer paper... Parchment paper works just as well and is WAY easier to fold and cut.

Thank you for that tip :) I've been staring at the parchment paper for months and months wondering if it would work the same. I learned the hard way years ago that wax paper and freezer paper are NOT the same LOL so I was hesitant to try parchment paper !! Good to know it really works the same !

Thank you for that tip :) I've been staring at the parchment paper for months and months wondering if it would work the same. I learned the hard way years ago that wax paper and freezer paper are NOT the same LOL so I was hesitant to try parchment paper !! Good to know it really works the same !

Yeah I was hesitant too, because I made the mistake of using wax paper once... lol. Big woops! But I ran out of freezer paper one night, of course AFTER I had started my batch, and parchment was all I had. It worked so well I never went back! Its a little more $$ but its easier for me. I even made a pattern for my mold, and I pre-trace and cut out the parchment ahead of time so all I have to do is fold it and pop it in. The only downside is tape doesnt want to stick to parchment so its hard to tape down the edges if there is excess paper.

Yeah I was hesitant too, because I made the mistake of using wax paper once... lol. Big woops! But I ran out of freezer paper one night, of course AFTER I had started my batch, and parchment was all I had. It worked so well I never went back! Its a little more $$ but its easier for me. I even made a pattern for my mold, and I pre-trace and cut out the parchment ahead of time so all I have to do is fold it and pop it in. The only downside is tape doesnt want to stick to parchment so its hard to tape down the edges if there is excess paper.

Excellent, I'll definitely be trying that :) thanks again