How to make this pretty swirled soap

Darbla

I don't blame you for wanting to make it..it is beautiful..

It looks to me like the soap had a divider right down the middle...to get the colors that way..??? but how would they have then took the divider out???

Yes I would like to be able to figure it out too..

and I love the colors too..

The swirls on top are nice...

Maybe someone will give some pointers..there are some very smart and knowlegable people here...

I can do the two colors by pouring at med-thick trace simultaneously - but the third is harder. Not sure how to do that.

ETA - on closer inspection looks like they did pour the two main colors side by side simultaneously then went back and poured the middle color (from a great height to get it to penetrate).

I think they used an upright log mold with dividers. You can make a divider using thin plexiglass.

I wanted to put a picture here of a soap make with an upright log mold using one divider in the middle I can't find it right now. If I find it I will come back and post it. It was a blue and yellow soap. After he pulled the divider out he took a long dowel rod and swirled it twice in a circle pattern.

Edit

I can't share the picture because of a copywrite but I can post the link, which is even better because you can see how he did it.

http://nizzymoulds.com:80/BLue%20&%20Yellow.htm

The picture that the OP posted, the third color looks like they poured it from a high distance after removing the divider and swirled a little different. They are not showing the whole bar, maybe the brown didn't go all the way down. I don't see how it could in an upright mold. :smiley2:

Isn't that a hoot? The orange-yellow one was maybe my 5th batch.

My first 2 batches were castile, my third was a THREE LAYER MILK & HONEY SOAP (actually used half & half and honey in all parts, and a discoloring FO in the middle layer), then some horrid fabric softener scented number with an ugly blue swirl-ish thing, and then my lovely orange-yellow number.

Here's the 3-layer for chuckles. I don't think I could do this now to save my life.

100_0598.jpg

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you can do ANYTHING even if you are a newbie - with a bit of luck.