Infusing Amber Resin

CBE

I just got some Krishna Amber and Ganesh Amber in today. OMG it smells good!! :yay: Has anyone ever infused resins in oil to make an Oil of Amber? I'm assuming I just melt it in heated oil until dissolved correct?

My goal is to make Oil of Amber Soap... and possibly use some of the oil for lotions and stuff, and maybe a roll-on perfume for myself.

Has anyone ever soaped with amber infused oils? I know it's going to discolor, but is there any acceleration? Seizing? Does the natural scent hold up in CP?

I've made soap with amber resin infused into my olive oil. Discolored somewhat, but that's it. The scent is wonderful!

Oh thanks! I was wondering if the scent stayed true in CP. I was worried because of the harshness of the CP process.

I don't want to add any other FO. I just want to use the amber resin. I did infuse both in oil... and it smells DIVINE. What have I been missing???!!! I should have did this a LONG time ago!

I've soaped amber resin from eden botanicals I used the resin

infused in my oil and added some of their dark amber oil and the 'soap is really nice. Mine gets a kinda fuzziness to it because that is what the amber does but it is really nice. I hoard it to myself but love it. It has been curing for a yr. now and is nice.

It is kinda hard to sell cause with what i have into it I have to sell it for $7 per bar so save it for those few people that want a specialty bar. Thank god soap doesn't spoil and I love it.

Janis

I've soaped amber resin from eden botanicals I used the resin

infused in my oil and added some of their dark amber oil and the 'soap is really nice. Mine gets a kinda fuzziness to it because that is what the amber does but it is really nice. I hoard it to myself but love it. It has been curing for a yr. now and is nice.

It is kinda hard to sell cause with what i have into it I have to sell it for $7 per bar so save it for those few people that want a specialty bar. Thank god soap doesn't spoil and I love it.

Janis

What do you mean by fuzziness?

What do you mean by fuzziness?

I wanted to ask that question too. Maybe the texture of the soap is different when you use Oil of Amber?

I've read somewhere that when you soap with Oil of Amber, it gives a certain texture to your soap. I'll find out soon enough though!

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to ask that question too. Maybe the texture of the soap is different when you use Oil of Amber?

I've read somewhere that when you soap with Oil of Amber, it gives a certain texture to your soap. I'll find out soon enough though!

Bumping this up to see what you thought about the amber resin soap.

I DID notice that mine are not shiny like my other soaps are using the same recipe, only with the Olive Oil being infused with the resin.

Your thoughts?

I really don't see a difference in the soap at all. I do see little flecks of amber throughout the soap but that's about it.

Do you gel or no gel? I wonder if that makes a difference with the amber? Not sure. I don't gel. (well, I don't avoid it like the plague, but I don't force it either).

I did use the infused amber oil in my pumpkin soap. Wonder if that would have something to do with it too (the pumpkin).

I'll have to wait a bit through the cure then maybe judge them and see.

I'll have to make a batch with using JUST the amber... and no additives (like pumpkin...hehehehe) and no FO. Then maybe I can see the difference???? :D I still got a HUGE block of amber from Eden Botanicals, I need to get to workin' and start infusing some. :)

I used a micro-plane to grate the amber resin into the olive oil then gently warmed it and poured it into a mason jar until I was ready to use it as part of my recipe. I used maybe an ounce of resin to 16 oz. Olive oil, but I didn't use the whole 16 oz of infused oil in my soap.