Re-Scenting Wickless......????

Carlena

I disagree with the previous post. You absolutely can add fragrance oil to re scent a wickless candle. You should be able to add 1-2 tsp of FO to 8 oz of wickless candle at least 2 or 3 times before you begin to see oil separation.

Martha Stewart says 3 tsp. = 1 Tab. ... 1/8 cup = 2 Tab. = 1 oz. I agree and think adding scent would be fine. After all we all add different amounts in the beginning and there is no flame.

But all your FO's dont weigh the same. Some are alot heavier than others. I always measure by weight. I guess you could do it IF you didnt scent to the max to begin with. If you did then the wax will not absorb the scent.

tootie

• 2 months later...

From what I gather from the original question is that she wants to add FO to the melted and contained wax. It doesn't matter if it is too much according to what the wax will hold. It's contained and other than what sits on top, there really isn't a concern of seepage. Once it's been put on the warmer and is melted out of it's original state, she's not repackaging it or selling it I don't think, right? She just wants to extend it's life.

I did this with my first two batches of tarts. I was too afraid of adding too much so they were short lived and not as strong as I wanted. I decided making them was so much more trouble than just adding a cap full of fo to the hot pot, lol.

I add fo to mine as well, just for personal use. Bear in mind that you should let the candle sit for the same amount of cure time as you did when you first made it to get maximum scent throw. If you put fo in and turn it on immediately you won't get as good a HT with most scents, at least I never did with C3.