BCN lip balm lovers, rejoice!

Spellkast

Ok,

I officially dis-like anyone that posts new ideas now!! :P I have so many addictions now that I can't keep up. I have tried the BCN base and wanted so bad to get a recipe so I could play and now that I have the recipe, I cannot wait to get my supplies from the co-op so I can play!!

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Don't have beeswax so I might try it with soy to see what happens.

I LOVE ADDICTIONS!!! :yay:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still reading and researching everything. I really want to start making bath and body products and this seems pretty easy. My question is this makes 80 lip balms can you once you have everything mixed together just take like a 1/4 of and add flavor oil and then let the rest set and remelt later? How much flavor oil would you use for 1/4 of the recipe. Thanks in advance for the help. My girls go through a ton of lip balm and this would the perfect thing for me to start with.

I am still reading and researching everything. I really want to start making bath and body products and this seems pretty easy. My question is this makes 80 lip balms can you once you have everything mixed together just take like a 1/4 of and add flavor oil and then let the rest set and remelt later? How much flavor oil would you use for 1/4 of the recipe. Thanks in advance for the help. My girls go through a ton of lip balm and this would the perfect thing for me to start with.

You know babygirl, I was wondering that as well. But since the move, I have not been able to try anything so I kinda just put everything on the back burner. I would definately be interested in knowing the same thing.

Is the MMS buttercream also in the recipe along with all the above? Just needed some clarification to see how it works. So just melt all the ingredients, do you know what temperature more or less? Then pour into a lip balm tube, how do you pour it in the little tube without spilling? How long you have to wait for it to harden? New at all this. Thanks.

Easiest way I found to fill lip balm tubes was using plastic syrings from your local veterinarian. Dip the rubber seal on the plunger into an oil to help it slide in the syringe, suck the melted lip balm mixture into the syringe and just start filling tubes. One caution, always hold the syringe straight up and down (never on it's side) when full of mixture or it will drain out. Clean the syringe in very hot water with dish soap and a baby bottle brush.

Just a couple of notes I should have added to my last post.

I use the 76 coconut oil that I also use for soaping, just up the beeswax a little bit to make it harder.

My recipe makes 50 lip balms at at time and, if I don't want that many of one flavor, I just add the flavor to part of the big batch and therefore can make several flavors with one batch. Wintergreen is my personal favorite. It will give you that "tingle". I also add Vitamin E, Aloe and Tee Trea oil to my balms. Tee Trea oil is suspose to be good in preventing cold sores and, it does.

Does anyone know how to add "sunscreen" to their lip balms?

titanium dioxide is a "natural" sunscreen...but you wouldn't be able to claim it as a sunscreen without labeling it with the "drug facts" I believe, but you could could say it has sun protection ingredients, maybe. You just couldn't give it an accurate SPF rating.

Right, that's what I thought. With mineral makeup, I just say that titanium dioxide can provide some "natural" sun protection. You can't claim that it will or what the SPF is. But for personal use, it will protect you depending on the amount that you put in the product. That was the original question, I was just making sure that she wouldn't make any claims.

Edited by jennyjo

I understand what you are saying... I don't make the products that I am refering too...I sell minerals for a company and they have an SPF rating. I explain that the titanium dioxide is a natural sunscreen and that that is what provides the SPF...I think you were misunderstanding me. I don't make my own anything except for candles and I tell people that they have magic healing powers....just kidding. I understood what you said and I am glad you posted that for the PP. Glad you clarified that.