First Salt Bar

Here is a picture of my very first salt bar. It took alot longer than an hour to get it where I could pull it out of the mold. I molded at 6pm and removed it at 9pm and it was still extremely soft to cut into. You can see my lines marked for cutting :). I used the blue and yellow pop colors in this.

I used Rainforest fragrance from WSP and it is an earthy, manly scent. My boys are begging to use it now.'

Angi

2529117435_4f666b4b53_m.jpg

This one was hilarious to deal with. I had these smaller domino's holders that were wood and just the perfect size to make a long log of sample sized soaps so I filled both of them with this. When I tried to unmold it, it became a huge mess, soap all over my hands lol. I ended up dumping it into my tog mold and using a spatula to spread it and then added a bit more color on top for those swirls since the first set of swirls were lost in the mess :laugh2:

One thing! Fresh soap burns the tar out of your fingers if you have any cuts in your cuticles!

Angi

I'm wondering if I did it right as everything I am reading says that within hours their salt bars are hard as rocks. Mine is still soft. Not extremely soft but you can definitely feel resistance when I touch the sides of it. It smells even better today. Guess I will see how it does when I try it out.

Angi