My 1st soap baby

Hello All,

Hopefully the pictures show up. This is my 1st soap baby.:yay: :whoohoo: :yay: :whoohoo: :yay: :whoohoo: I followed the tutorial for room temp cold process. The pictures appear to be kinda blah, but I did the best I can. Now I can kinda experiment, because the only reason I never started was because I was afraid of the lye.:embarasse

Any comments, help and suggestions are very much welcomed.

Would someone please help me to configure my little area for posting!??! Most everyone has a nice little saying or picture with every post.:grin2:

Thanks for the tutorials and the welcome.

M&M

[ATTACH]15647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15648[/ATTACH]

post-9589-139458446991_thumb.jpg

post-9589-139458446997_thumb.jpg

That turned out very pretty! Looks earthy :) Is it scented?

As for your little posting area... the bottom part is called the signature where you can add a picture, quote or whatever you want (mostly...lol) You may not be able to use a signature yet since you're new. When you can, the option will be in your USER CP (left link in the blue bar above). On that page there will be a list of links for different things on the left. The signature is the top link.

At the bottom of the main page is a section for board usage info. You can find a lot of info there as well as the FAQ's.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/faq.php

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1035639

Thanks, no it isn't scented. I was afraid of it seizing up, besides I haven't really gotten the FO thing down(as I am really a soap virgin). I really want to try some scents, but not sure which ones to purchase. My hubby will be purchasing some scents & colorants for me soon.:yay: So I can't wait.

By the way thanks for the info on the signature area.

Thanx, M&M

Thanks for the comments & compliments. It has already become an addiction after the first try.

Even my children (the ones left @ home, 15, 12 & 11 yr olds) are making suggestions on inclusions, colors and shapes. My 15 yr old wants to do CP for a Science Fair Project.

I have many hobbies (knitting, crocheting, sewing, hatmaking, glass bead making, beading, nagging my hubby:laugh2: & getting on my kids nerves:grin2: just to name a few) but I think this is gonna make me leave the others alone for a while.

I was awaken last night thinkin' I have to go purchase more racks for curing the soaps I wanna do. Just the mere possibilities make me :drool: . LOL.

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey here I come!

Thanks again all!

M&M

Now you're gonna start lying awake at night thinking about what kind of soap you can make next! The colors, swirls, embeds, FO's EO's! Oh the possibilities!

This has already happened!:laugh2: I said to myself, "Self, how did you live without this lovely, creative way to express yourself? I don't know, but you must make up for the time lost!":grin2:

I really like this soaping life (only lived it for about a week:laugh2::laugh2:). My husband has purchased a slab mold, linerless molds and cutters already. He figures I'll stay out of his way then he could just have video game parties (I hate how the men get with the play stations and x-boxes).

My next soap, which I'm doing tomorrow, will have a fragrance. My son picked the one fragrance I purchased, amaretto. I hope it comes out o.k. He said, "Ma, I want a soap that doesn't smell girlie." Hay! He's making requests, go figure!

And to everyone, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS & COMPLIMENTS. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SOAP COMMUNITY.;)

M&M

YAY!!!!! :D Yours turned out wonderful! I love the coloring. I left mine just plain. haha Still patiently....okay, I'm not patiently waiting for it to come time to unmold. :P

Looks like we'll be learning about the same time. haha Can't wait to see your progress!

Thanks for the comments & compliments. It has already become an addiction after the first try.

Even my children (the ones left @ home, 15, 12 & 11 yr olds) are making suggestions on inclusions, colors and shapes. My 15 yr old wants to do CP for a Science Fair Project.

I have many hobbies (knitting, crocheting, sewing, hatmaking, glass bead making, beading, nagging my hubby:laugh2: & getting on my kids nerves:grin2: just to name a few) but I think this is gonna make me leave the others alone for a while.

I was awaken last night thinkin' I have to go purchase more racks for curing the soaps I wanna do. Just the mere possibilities make me :drool: . LOL.

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey here I come!

Thanks again all!

M&M

I see you do hatmaking....do you make the welder hats??

tootie

I see you do hatmaking....do you make the welder hats??

tootie

Good Evening Tootie,

How are ya doing? No not the welder hats, but hats that you see the Church ladies in, Kentucky derby type hats for the ladies, silk fusion, wool felt and straw hats. Like all people who jump into any creative art, you want to expand what you do an take it to the next level. ;)

My mom started me sewing at age 8 and I have been goin' ever since. My next venture is weaving my own fabric.:grin2:

But as far as a welder hat, while not a welder or a iron worker --was a Union Electrician. From being a housewife, from being a Senior Admin Assistant w/Bank One before they were JP Morgan.

I will take soap over that chaos any day. SOAP 4 LIFE:highfive:

M&M