How do you rate Fragrance Oils from........

JimC

How do you rate Fragrance Oils from the following suppliers?

Cajun Candle Factory.........

Bittercreek........

Lone Star........

Longwyck....

Peak........

Taylored Concepts......

The Candlemakers Store.....

Wick your Wax......

Are they concentrated? Thus eliminating the need to us as much in order to knock your socs off.

I have never had any problem with using a .5 or .75 oz per pound of FO to 1 lb of wax with peaks. People frequently wait 6 months because it smells so good :eek: I like BC's scents, but I have had a prblem with some of their hot throws.... I don't really order FO's from anywhere else... If peaks doesn't have it I go to BC...., if they don't have I probably can find something simiar from one or the other...

How do you rate Fragrance Oils from the following suppliers?

Cajun Candle Factory.........

Bittercreek........

Lone Star........

Longwyck....

Peak........

Taylored Concepts......

The Candlemakers Store.....

Wick your Wax......

Are they concentrated? Thus eliminating the need to us as much in order to knock your socs off.

BCN can be hit or miss, spiced cranberry is fantastic, pie crust, strawberry jam, caramel apple, blueberry muffins, deep fried ice cream, all very good. I don't order from any of the others too much.

Most of my oils I get from Peaks. They are by far the best quality oils I have tried!! I do use 2 from Bittercreek only because Peaks doesn't carry them. I do find I have to use more of it pp of wax than my Peak's oils. I use Cajun Candles Odor Eliminator as a special customer request for corn cob sachets.

Does this one cost $$$$$? Can't get on!

Thanks!

It was a brandnew review, and had a trial period. The owner was waiting to see if it would take off or not before putting out the money to keep it going. Looks like the trial period ended, so I'm not sure if it will continue or not...Sorry... :rolleyes:

Nu-scents candles have good oils, but I do agree that Peak has the best fragrance oils. I haven't had a problem with Peak yet and their service is very good. Just wish they were closer to me. The shipping is so expensive!

LSCS - Most of thier scents are oretty good. They dont do alot of testing IMO. I have gotten some that are way to heavy and the oil does not incorporate, even at 2%.

BC- I use maybe one or two oils. Not really impressed with them.

I purchased some samples from CSC (only ones that Peak didn't have), I wasn't real impressed. I haven't done a lot of testing with these mainly because I wasn't real impressed with the smell out of bottle. Then I purchased a sample pack from Peak's. Even my DH remarked on how much better these samples smelled.

I don't know how I got so lucky to find Peak's for my first supply order, but boy am I glad that I did. :D

• 1 year later...

BCN and BCS have amazing oils and I have not had trouble with any of the ones I have used (so far) and the ones she has obtained from BNL are also top of the line, along with the WYW scents. I also love Nature's Garden, I have found their some of their oils to be ultra strong and so wonderful in wax, you can't go wrong with them! But that is my opinion and to each their own!!

Sue Ann

BCN and BCS have amazing oils and I have not had trouble with any of the ones I have used (so far) and the ones she has obtained from BNL are also top of the line, along with the WYW scents. I also love Nature's Garden, I have found their some of their oils to be ultra strong and so wonderful in wax, you can't go wrong with them! But that is my opinion and to each their own!!

Sue Ann

Wow! Talk about an old thread!! LOL

Sue Ann

Okay....

I was just going to post a new thread about this until I found this thread...

I am a noob, and have all but 1 week into ez soy candlemaking, 10 candles and 5 scents to mix and match.

I have a question about suppliers saying, "It's here" or "we finally got it" in terms of wax or certain FO's...we are on the subject of FO's here so...

So who are they getting it from? If it is not an excclusive line of their products?

My reason asking said above is: if Natures Candles has a Cream Brulee FO, and so does BCN, whih is better??? How does one tell?

Scent reviews are ok, but this forum IMO should have one due to it's population.

However, I do realize certain sponsers make not want to do that...

So, on to my noob FO review:

edited to mean Natures Garden.

I got with my kit the following 5 FO's from BCN:

Listed in order of my scent preference:

Also a noob description of the interpretion of the scents OOB:

Cream Brulee Vanilla

Country Berry Hotcakes Blueberry pancakes

Verbana Berry Smells like a cleam bathroom

Hayride Smells like mans cologne

Basil Sage Mint mens cologne or soap

So, a noob review OOB...

Thanks for any feedback, I am getting ready to order some more FO's and am unsure of which supplier to go with.

I read somewhere that Natures Candles were high end, but, again I am a noob, so....