Salt Bar question

With CP you CAN use them as soon as they are not zappy, and with salt bars that's pretty much as soon as they cool. the cure period is for increasing the quality and decreasing any harshness - but you can use a soap pretty much any time.

HP, IMO, cuts the time by a few hours, maybe a day. It still benefits from a cure period too.

actually this is the only way I make mine. Once I pour into the mold, I put in the oven on warn for 25min, the batch will harden up fast. Then I remove and cut right away when they are still warm so my blade is able to cut through it like butter.

Since you are pretty much doing the CP method and forcing gel in the oven, it is not being fully cooked. Which means the saponification process will continue for a couple more days. So i let them site for a couple days and use.

I always get CPHP, OHP and plain ole HP mixed up. Yea that's how I do salt bars too...

Huh? How does one, especially someone like you that makes like a gazillion batches of soap, get those mixed up? Maybe your mind is just in soaping overload and all those bubbles have gone to your brain? lol :P

I do my salt bars the same as Carrie. If making for personal use, I think it is O.K. to use sooner than you would if you sell. If you sell, even though you might do CPHP, they still need a cure time and can only benefit from it.