IKEA Molds

Ok...If you could let me know by Fri..as I will be out of town for a week...and when I come home is when I will be going by Ikea..So I could pick them up then... they also have the best soap dishes..the last time I bought they were 99c each...they are wood...let me know about them also...if you are interested...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23273_PE091680_S2.jpgThis is the soap dish..it is not a very good picture...and on the web site they are still 99c...

just go to Ikea and put in search..wood soap dish, and it will bring it up..

I just figured this out..click on the picture it will take you right to it...

Ok...If you could let me know by Fri..as I will be out of town for a week...and when I come home is when I will be going by Ikea..So I could pick them up then... they also have the best soap dishes..the last time I bought they were 99c each...they are wood...let me know about them also...if you are interested...

I will definitely take one. I'm in no hurry, and the shipping doesn't matter. I have to reap my opportunities when they surface. :highfive:

I will also take some soap dishes, please- at least 6.

Thank you for being so sweet and resourceful.

• 2 weeks later...

Mystical...Good news..I have your 9 drawer mold...

I will not be able to ship until Tues...

I am thinking I need to maybe package it in a

bigger box and put something around it so it won't get

broken..Kind of cushion it alittle..

PM me and we will decide what you want to do..

Mystical...Good news..I have your 9 drawer mold...

I will not be able to ship until Tues...

I am thinking I need to maybe package it in a

bigger box and put something around it so it won't get

broken..Kind of cushion it alittle..

PM me and we will decide what you want to do..

Thank you so much, you've made my night! :highfive:

No hurry on shipping, I'll send you a prepaid email label for the box, if you have a Fed Ex close by. Please PM me the total and I will pay you now. I'm so damn excited.

these make awesome test batch molds. holds 32-33 oz. of oil.

i slice 1 inch thick and get 9 bars. line with freezer paper, super easy to line the underside of the mold is recessed abit so i just use that to fold the paper against.

9" inches long 3 7/8 inches wide 2.5 inches deep

these come unassembled. i don't have an ikea store anywhere nears us, so another gal picked one up for me and sent it. they also have a 3 drawer one that works for small slabs. or one that has 3 smaller drawers and 2 slab size. i got mine for 9.99 but i think they now are around 12.99.

they are also listed on ebay.

barb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I have one...and I love it...

It will made 8 bars if you want them 1 1/8"

If 1" it will do 9 bars...

I line mine with crafters foam and they work great...

when I cut out my foam, I left it cut high on the end to cover

the cut out...

Thank you, that is just the info I was hoping for. I need to do some measuring for foam now. I just bought these drawers last week.

oooh, I may have to make a run out to IKEA!

Does anybody use the ice molds (silicone type) for soap from there?

Yes I do, and those I have are working fine. I've got the hearts and the flowers. I read in a german forum that some stars aren't too too good to get them out. Anyway, you need to be patient, put the molds in the freezer for an hour or so, and then wait just a few minutes and - you're done. Makes very nice guests soaps.

I also have the wooden molds, but I chose the one with only three drawers. I got 16 pieces of soap out of one drawer.

Plus I do have the wooden soap dishes which are cheap here in Europe, too - 99 cents. They are just fine. I am only 3 miles away from Ikea - so that helps a lot.:)

Yes I do, and those I have are working fine. I've got the hearts and the flowers. I read in a german forum that some stars aren't too too good to get them out. Anyway, you need to be patient, put the molds in the freezer for an hour or so, and then wait just a few minutes and - you're done. Makes very nice guests soaps.

I also have the wooden molds, but I chose the one with only three drawers. I got 16 pieces of soap out of one drawer.

Plus I do have the wooden soap dishes which are cheap here in Europe, too - 99 cents. They are just fine. I am only 3 miles away from Ikea - so that helps a lot.:)

yay, I just picked some up for 49 cents each at the local thrift store. I got stars and hearts.

I have a similar chest from Ikea also, but mine has 3 logs and @ the bottom 2 slabs! As far as the logs go, my finished soap depending on how many oz I pour, measures 3.5x2.5 with 9 bars. I also used the silicon inside, to keep from lining them. They're great and cheap!

IMGA0060.jpg

Excuse the shoddy pics, but this gives u an idea of the soap size and the silicon applied inside.

HTH

Newbie Question: How do you get the logs out without liners and using Silicone instead? Does the log shrink a bit?

I have the 9 drawer one..and for an inexpensive mold, they can't be beat..I just wish I could find something better than funky foam to line it with..

It makes 9 perfect 1" bars..or sometimes I cut them alittle more chunky..

Is the funky foam not very good or is it just dealing with it is a pain?

No once you get it cut and fit into your mold..it works good..

I do notice that when my soap gells, the foam warps alittle..

I have tried the silicone in the tube stuff, put that on all of my molds..that did not work for me at all, I had to tear the mold apart to get my soap out..I threw them all away and bought new ones...

One thing that I have not tried yet, is the cutting board sheets..they are really thin..you can get 4 or 5 in a package at wal mart..for about $5. I am going to get some of those to try..