Label Programs

Lorrie

I use Label Factory. I have a few others too, but dont use them. Label Factory is an ok program. It lets you add pictures, print different style texts, colors.... The only problem I have is finding the right pictures for the right label.... if you have graphics already , then all you have to do is upload. I hope it helps ya some

I purchased Print Shop and haven't used it yet. I have been using word and it's been getting the job done. Is it easier in PS? I was thinking about returning it, but I should probably try it out, huh? Can I do oval labels in PS? I just got some through the co-op and now I have to figure out how to make the labels.

SatinDucky - I have to say that your label is beautiful. It is simple, feminine, and elegant, and would definitely attract my eye. I like things that are not too busy..... Your label is great. Well done!!!!

Thanks Mama :) Sometimes I feel like it's too simple when I see fancy ones in here. But I'm a simple person in some ways I guess. When I feel creative, I automatically start pouring. I can't seem to channel it into designing on the pc. Probably why I'm having such a hard time with the website...lol.

I use Microsoft Publisher. It's sort of limited with the sizes of labels, but I only use 2x4 and avery 5160 (the little shipping labels) So, it suits me wonderfully. You can add text effects and they have a ton of fonts to choose from and special colors. I love it. Let's see if I can put a pic up here.

[ATTACH]2678[/ATTACH]

post-1657-139458384797_thumb.jpg

when i try to download avery design pro i always have a problem installing it onto my computer. it says i dont have enough memory, but i definately do. i have tons. whats up with that?

Which kind of memory do you have tons of and which kind of memory does it say there's not enough of?

Hey, I'm having trouble downloading too, but not anything about memory! It will download (I put in documents) and when I click on the icon to open it, it downloads everything all over again! I can never actually open the program. What am I doing wrong? I'm very computer illiterate, so please help? TIA

SatinDucky,

it says i dont have enough memory on my hard drive. that i need 128 gb or mb of space to install it but i know i have tons of space. i have almost nothing on my computer to take up that amount of space! its' practically new. i think theres a glich in the program maybe. i'm kinda bummed because i'd like to try it.

when i try to download avery design pro i always have a problem installing it onto my computer. it says i dont have enough memory, but i definately do. i have tons. whats up with that?

Alycia, I had the same problem. My DH burned a CD at work & I installed from the CD. I have dial-up.

HTH.

Donna

SatinDucky,

it says i dont have enough memory on my hard drive. that i need 128 gb or mb of space to install it but i know i have tons of space. i have almost nothing on my computer to take up that amount of space! its' practically new. i think theres a glich in the program maybe. i'm kinda bummed because i'd like to try it.

There does seem to be a download glitch that involves RAM. If your computer is new you probably do have enough memory. But, just to double check. Keep in mind, computers use two different kinds of memory. The 128 MB of RAM it's talking about is not hard drive space, it's working memory. Think of a computer like you and your filing cabinet. The filing cabinet is the hard drive. You are the working memory. The filing cabinet has so much room you can fit stuff in. You, as the working memory, can only work just so fast. You can only stuff things in and remove them so fast. It only needs 100 MB of hard drive space (files and such you see on the computer).

Right click on "My Computer" and look toward the bottom right. There it will tell you how many MB of RAM is installed. If you have enough and it still wont download, try closing all other programs before starting it. May or may not help...

I never could get anywhere with Design Pro, either. I was trying to do the round labels for the tops of tins. When I would locate the template and click on it, the image in my work area would be a long oval (elipse) instead of a circle. Therefore, I could never get the spacing right; it would print out as a circle (like it should have), but the text and pictures were all jammed together in the oval shape. Finally just gave up on it and got Print Shop. Just now starting to learn how to use it a little.

I'm just now learning howto use my print shop program, it has lot of good border and such, more than i'll need. i just been putting them on the avery address label. on labels , it has avery templates. it was just $10 . i also got one by mistake that was for a puter that had dvd on it, so if anyone buys one they better check. i have dial up so my son said it would take a long time to download the avery on my puter.