HTP Wick Question

Anyone use the HTP wicks and can tell me which is actually the smallest to the largest (order in which they burn hotter) in these wick sizes: HTP 1212, HTP 1312, HTP 126 ??? I've used the 1212 but was wondering about the 1312 & especially the 126.

Thanks in Advance~

Lorraine

Well, having a hard time finding the 1312's on any site and as far as the 1212 and 126 goes---- I always thought the 126 was smaller but according to a burn rate chart I found , it seems the 1212 is smaller than the 126! ??? I just was hoping that someone who uses these can tell me from experience what they have found. Gosh, WICKS! They can make you crazy!

Just found a supplier site that lists the HTP's and they sell all three sizes I'm questioning. According to them, this is the order of smallest to largest: 126, 1212, 1213. I guess that burn rate chart I found is incorrect then. It sure caused me alot of confusion!

• 3 years later...
Just found a supplier site that lists the HTP's and they sell all three sizes I'm questioning. According to them, this is the order of smallest to largest: 126, 1212, 1213. I guess that burn rate chart I found is incorrect then. It sure caused me alot of confusion!

:bump:

Bumping this old thread for the sake of protecting newbies from becoming as confused as I have been when testing HTP wicks. The burn rate chart she's referring to is correct, but the suppliers often list the HTP wicks in the wrong order and this has been a nightmare for me during testing. From the smallest melt pool to the largest melt pool, the correct order is: HTP 104, 105, 1212, 1312, 126, 136 and HTP XL-100.

:bump:

Bumping this old thread for the sake of protecting newbies from becoming as confused as I have been when testing HTP wicks. The burn rate chart she's referring to is correct, but the suppliers often list the HTP wicks in the wrong order and this has been a nightmare for me during testing. From the smallest melt pool to the largest melt pool, the correct order is: HTP 104, 105, 1212, 1312, 126, 136 and HTP XL-100.

I believe that sequence is correct tho I have never seen a source of 136 or XL.

I believe that sequence is correct tho I have never seen a source of 136 or XL.

If you go to this website, http://www.apwicks.com/ you can order the HTP 1312, HTP 136, and HTPXL-100, along with some other wicks, as part of sample set #17, #18, #19, #21, or #22 shown on this page under: Containers 4" to 5"

http://www.apwicks.com/download/wick_selection_guide.pdf The sample sets are $35.00 each.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've tried 1212's in the past... they're a torch compared to using a 126. That could depend on which wax your using. I pour a blend of soy/beeswax.

I totally agree. In testing I went from a 105 with wax on the sides of the container to a 1212 with a 1 in melt pool.

I've tried 1212's in the past... they're a torch compared to using a 126. That could depend on which wax your using. I pour a blend of soy/beeswax.

Soy and some parasoy burns down and then out, whereas paraffin burns out and then down. So, the wicks would perform differently depending on the wax.

Edited by HorsescentS

After 22 months of testing with 4627, which isn't long to those of you who are more experienced, HTP126 burns hotter, flame is higher, MP is wider.

The following doesn't make any sense to me:

The higher the yield, the smaller the wick & the flame & the resulting heat generated. This is from WUs chart.

HTP126s yield is 249 compared to HTP1212s 201, HTP1312s 182. Yet HTP126s roc., flame height, mp are much higher then the other two.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

After 22 months of testing with 4627, which isn't long to those of you who are more experienced, HTP126 burns hotter, flame is higher, MP is wider.

The following doesn't make any sense to me:

The higher the yield, the smaller the wick & the flame & the resulting heat generated. This is from WUs chart.

HTP126s yield is 249 compared to HTP1212s 201, HTP1312s 182. Yet HTP126s roc., flame height, mp are much higher then the other two.

Thank you! I had the same experience in 4627.

Oh boy! I need more caffeine for this one. It is computing backward to me right now.

I have found that HTP wicks bend more than CD wicks. Does everyone else find this to be true or is it because of the wax coating that my supplier uses?

Yes, Ive found they bend more and is one reason why I chose CDNs over the HTPs.