Looking for a straight coconut fragrance

Scent Cellar

I've soaped Peaks' Coconut Milk as well a coconut from JS and one from AGE. I like Peaks' best but the one from AGE smelled a lot like the one from Peaks. It is bit light but then again all the coconuts I've soaped are but not light to the point that you can not smell it. It does discolor a bit but it was well behaved and the scent did not morph. I still am looking for a very strong more coconuty one. But for now, I am happy with the one from Peaks.

CandleScience's description of their 'Coconut' says 'A buttery rum top note leading to a sweet creamy vanilla with toasted coconut.' Do you not smell any rum, vanilla, or toastiness?

Darbla

In the bottle is smells more like a macaroon coconut, so I guess that would be where the toastiness and vanilla come in, I don't smell the rum part at all.

I recently made a tropical soap that I put this coconut, a pinapple and a strawberry together. You can pick the coconut out right away, as a true coconut smell in the finished soap

I have mixed this with chocolate in my candles, and you can really smell the coconut standing out too. I haven't smelled Peaks or the other one Merideth has used to compare them though.

Guest jurnalynn

i get my coconut fragrance from coastal scent its a descent price and smells just like cocnut i use it in my scrubs never used it in soap...............Laura

• 4 weeks later...

I have soaped Sweet Cakes, and did not like it at all. IT was sickly sweet, IMO, and reminded me of one of those cheap car air fresheners....blechh.... I have half a bottle I am trying to figure out what to do with....I won't ever use it again alone...I may use it in with some citrus, pineapple scents and hope I can get a good tropical scent, but other than that....??

Soap Silly's coconut is the best I've found so far. It has a good throw in candles, soaps great, sticks well and has a true coconut smell without anything additional. SW's has a new creamy coconut that's supposed to be good according to some reviews I've read. I'll know more after I get it and play!! :cool2: