bug candles

chiptooth

I found some really cute metal buckets in my craft room stash that I bought after easter last year and thought I would turn them into bug (bugless) candles. I thought I read somewhere that instead of using Citronella, try using verbena lemongrass. Is this true or is there something else I could try besides the citronella?

OK, this is not a candle tip but it relates to your asking about bugs, so I'm going to pass this on in case any of you can use it.

A friend told me today that if you get the original Listerine and spray it around everywhere, it will get rid of skeeters. We are inundated with the little vampires here in the South, but he said he's seen hardly any since he thoroughly sprayed his patio and all around it a week and a half ago. I'm trying this tomorrow night.

Darbla

OK, this is not a candle tip but it relates to your asking about bugs, so I'm going to pass this on in case any of you can use it.

A friend told me today that if you get the original Listerine and spray it around everywhere, it will get rid of skeeters. We are inundated with the little vampires here in the South, but he said he's seen hardly any since he thoroughly sprayed his patio and all around it a week and a half ago. I'm trying this tomorrow night.

Darbla

please read ... http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/dishsoap.asp

I started with the Lemongrass last year but never finished.I got the buckets but after realizing I had to decoupage them 3 times I got burned out.The first 2 didn't work so I gave up. I did like the lemongrass scent.Better than citronella.

This year I have decided to use the seamless tins. Not sure if these will sell but want to promote to campers etc.I get real bothered in the store seeing people buying those citronella candles all the time when they can get something better and not as stinky as those.

I think I will get the bigger tins for this.16 ouncers.

LynnS