Cierra Candles Closing

NattyCat

They have cut their hours waaaay back so order-processing is taking longer. I know this from multiple trips down there only to find that they were closed in the middle of the day! Last I checked, they were open 8a (or 9a, can't remember for sure) - 3p on Mondays (pacific time), and 8a to Noon the rest of the week. There is a recording about it when you call their phone number.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered on the 9th as well... still nothing. I called their 1800-number, and left a message. I guess they changed their hours. Only open 9-12? WTF!

I made the order at 10am MST on the 9th and still nothing yet. That's at least 3 days so far to at least acknowledge or charge me or something yet.

Anyone else ordered and gotten anything back?

Just tie a pretty bow around the wicks... maybe the customers won't know! :D

Just wanted to update that I got the shipping notice this afternoon and my stuff will be arriving on Wednesday. But one of the cases of wax isn't coming as it is out of stock. Of course, the wicks I ordered to go with it are on their way. :(

Okay.... so the company provided public notice that it was closing, plenty of people offered commentary that their CS sucked but you still ordered from them?

I may just be stupid today (not likely) or extra snippy (extremely likely due to raging PMS hormones) but I just don't get it. When a company like that goes out of business, run, don't walk far, far away from them and realize that any discounts you may receive probably aren't worth the hassle. Don't give them your money! :tongue2:

I hope everyone gets their orders but I won't be surprised if you don't.

SpaceGirl, I don't have a lot of choices for wax. I can either order from a place with great CS, and pay as much for shipping as the wax itself. Or I can order from this place, which is the closest supplier from me (UPS Zone 2). What would you do in my shoes?

MissMary, I imagine the other orders would be going out shortly. I ordered on the same day as the rest of you. Poor as their CS may be, in the 3 years I've been ordering my wax from them, I have never not had my order arrive. So I don't think any of you need to worry about that.

Unfortantely I did not read about the bad CS until after I placed an order so I got a little weary but did finally get an email stating my items are shipping but I specifically put a note on my order stating if something was not available to please contact me before continuing with my order but of course that did not happen and the main thing I wanted is not coming but the other piddly things I bought just to mess around with are and I hate paying shipping costs on things I don't think are worth it so now my shipping cost is pretty much the same amount as my order since the clamshells are not coming!!!! And that s*cks!

Live and learn I guess!

Sandy~WI

I've probably ordered from Cierra about 6-8 times in the past 6 years. In that time, I think I've received one shipping notice. Everything has arrived in a timely manner, my complaint about the CS was the lack of communication. I've never received a return phone call or email in all the years, but again, the packages always arrive on time.

You know, maybe their closing is a sign of the times we are all speaking about! Rising costs of our supplies (wax, wicks, FO's, packaging, etc...) I personally have been dealing with them for years! No problems here!

You ever think that maybe the person that runs the company is having some problems, not related to their business? (no comments please!). Employees are frazzled having been told their employer is closing, yea maybe I'd be a little on edge myself. So many things THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT can affect so much! Give them a break!

Stop whining! You'll get your order! I got my order today with the 30% discount and refunded the shipping they originally charged. I just placed another $200 order. You think maybe they are being swamped with orders? First come first served, if may have been avail. when you order, but the others before you, got the rest of it.....updating on a website is time consuming and I'm sure they cannot do it every 5 minutes to suite the needs of everyone.

WTF??? you say oversoyed????? Your just in the testing phase or so and you've been dealing with them for years??? Enough so, to say that?

Funny, how someone's misfortune these days tends to bring out the nasties in some.

I'm sorry to rant, but you guys are unforgiving in the worst way.

How many chandlers on this board are throwing in the towel? Do we bash them! Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I have always had good service from them and I hate to see them close, but you gotta do what you gotta do to pay bills. I loved how they let you know what you are going to pay for shipping and the over $99.00 free shipping was awesome. I personally never charge more than actual shipping fees. I don't see it as good business practice. I wish more suppliers would follow. I ship almost everyday and know it what the shipping charges are or should be.

My order got here, all fine except that one bottle of dye leaked. I e-mailed them about it last night. I love the Peach Magnolia Raspberry FO - I'd better order more before they close, or I'll be tracking it down somewhere else!

You know, maybe their closing is a sign of the times we are all speaking about! Rising costs of our supplies (wax, wicks, FO's, packaging, etc...) I personally have been dealing with them for years! No problems here!

You ever think that maybe the person that runs the company is having some problems, not related to their business? (no comments please!). Employees are frazzled having been told their employer is closing, yea maybe I'd be a little on edge myself. So many things THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT can affect so much! Give them a break!

Stop whining! You'll get your order! I got my order today with the 30% discount and refunded the shipping they originally charged. I just placed another $200 order. You think maybe they are being swamped with orders? First come first served, if may have been avail. when you order, but the others before you, got the rest of it.....updating on a website is time consuming and I'm sure they cannot do it every 5 minutes to suite the needs of everyone.

WTF??? you say oversoyed????? Your just in the testing phase or so and you've been dealing with them for years??? Enough so, to say that?

Funny, how someone's misfortune these days tends to bring out the nasties in some.

How many chandlers on this board are throwing in the towel? Do we bash them! Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I know you sound like a major fan - but they knew what was coming. Just because someone is closing isn't an excuse for poor service and no communication. Not to mention overcharge on shipping AND leaking FO bottles. I never ordered FO, and I know they aren't the most communicative but I didn't expect to have to clean up as much as I did for those bottles.

They control the automated message - even a short blurb about sales volume, etc. something or anything about service.

Your argument about chandlers quitting and getting yelled at is moot. We don't order from them nor were they a supplier for many things for people on this board.

In fact, YOU don't even know that is IS medical reasons, and I think that employees knowing for a full month that the store was closing is quite a good notice. And actually if YOU took the time to read instead of blasting people who wanted to get what they paid for (since the sale, now it's not insanely overpriced), the message even says that it was due to personal life and not business related.

A business is a business is a business. It's not about who's best friends with whom and other people's business relied on this business. You wouldn't be so upset if say one of the Walton kids took ill would you? No, because they are "so huge".

Dayum candlelady who pi$$ed in your Wheaties?? And you talk about bringing out the nasties in some! Regardless of the status of a business, if their doors are still open and they are still providing a service, a person has a right to still expect a certain level of customers service and that ordered products will arrive properly packaged and in good condition. A person does not have to have x amount of orders in to give them a right to be dissatisfied with the service or product either. I guess you've never gotten frustrated with a business? Never vented? Lucky you. However, did it dawn on you that your post is the same kind of post you are griping about?

Very well said MissMary and good for you for saying so.