Caffiene soap

SatinDucky

I saw it a little bit ago on I Want That!, the tv show. So I had to come look it up. It was even featured on CNN. I was reading the broadcast transcript. It was aired in Sept 2002, but this is the first I've heard of it...lol.

From what I gather, the caffeine is supposed to be absorbed through the skin.

An excerpt from CNN...

CALLAWAY: All right, Kat, it is a drug. I mean we do, but caffeine, really, you know, it's got to be regulated. Can they say things like caffeine can be absorbed through the skin? I mean can they advertise it that way? Is that regulated by the government?

CARNEY: Well, I heard from FDA Attorney Scott Bass (ph) and he says that that would fall under the FTC's regulation. They look at truth in advertising and, you know, the companies were very honest. They said we haven't tested it. We don't know. Dr. Luekeena says that most likely it isn't being absorbed through the skin because it's a wash away product.

Some of the other news shows that did a bit on it tested it on the show and were disappointed to get no rush. Though they did report a cool rush, which would make sense, it has peppermint also. That probably tricks people into thinking they're getting the caffeine...lol.

Wonder if a caffeine lotion that's not washed off would work.... man, I hate coffee and I can drink my morning Pepsi only so fast :P

There has been much discussion on this in the past here on this forum and from what I remember its pretty much simply a marketing ploy.

Ingesting it is the only way to be sure you get the drug aspect out of it that caffein can produce. Having it in your soap will just wash off your skin and seems a waste of money to me. Coffee is much more direct.:rolleyes2

:laugh2: yeah these folks are totally full of it.

isnt there about 200 to 500 mg of caff. in a cup of coffee depending on the coffee, and strength its brewed at :confused:

"shock" umm yeah i suppose if youre rubbing soap with peppermint oil all over yourself in a hot shower, when you actually step out and that cool air hits your bottom you feel tingly all over

the things some folks will buy without reading ingredients still makes me laugh sometimes

Hubby and I had a conversation about this, because he's on that site all the time. I think it's hooey too, you have to drink caffeine to get a rush from it. Now if it did work I would be soaking in that stuff everyday lol.

You and me both! I only wish it were true, cuz even drinking two huge cup of strong coffee every morning doesn't get me moving anymore! :undecided

I think I need an IV direct line! :D

There are many people out there who make outlandish claims as to what their soap will do. Have you looked at Etsy or Ebay lately? They are actually laughable! But some people are just gullible enough to believe this stuff.

Buyer beware.