Business Cards.

*Dee*

do you make your own ? or do you buy online ?

just wondering , i have been thinking about going online to get them done to save me from using so much ink ect ect, but i wonder if it will really help cut down on ink usage..

i was told to check out vista print..

if you do order online, where do you order from ?

My husband has a plumbing buisness,so we've tried different cards from different sources. I found that for the price going to a local buisness center or print shop got us a better product. The price wasn't much different from vista print. IF you use vista print remember that price = quality. Some of their really good prices are on really thin cardstock. So you might want to go with their midrange products. HTH

I do my own. Right in my computer and copy when I need them.No waiting time. About the only time I make up alot are for shows. Then about 100 to put in bags.

I do put a few at our PO but never any sales. Just know it is out there.I have gone to other towns and still no sales so kinda get tired of that. Way to many candlemakers around here.About 7 within 10 miles. I don't feel competition but sure most of us carry alot of the same scent.Two of them have shops and I am thinking about that.

What I am going to do is make some up with the distributer name and other info. She can then put them out in her state or neighborhood. She does good with her co-workers and is getting ready for a craft show.Wants to have about all my tarts in the scents I carry.

Staples does sound like a good deal though. Problem they are 25 miles from me. All of the 5 Staples in my area are that far. Making my own is convenient.

LynnS

You can order them right online, and have them delivered at no charge.

http://www.staples.marktheworld.com/products.asp?associatenum=1&sessionGUID=152509990&membernum=121202129212840∏=business_cards

I do my own. Right in my computer and copy when I need them.No waiting time. About the only time I make up alot are for shows. Then about 100 to put in bags.

I do put a few at our PO but never any sales. Just know it is out there.I have gone to other towns and still no sales so kinda get tired of that. Way to many candlemakers around here.About 7 within 10 miles. I don't feel competition but sure most of us carry alot of the same scent.Two of them have shops and I am thinking about that.

What I am going to do is make some up with the distributer name and other info. She can then put them out in her state or neighborhood. She does good with her co-workers and is getting ready for a craft show.Wants to have about all my tarts in the scents I carry.

Staples does sound like a good deal though. Problem they are 25 miles from me. All of the 5 Staples in my area are that far. Making my own is convenient.

LynnS

Oversoyed.

Thank You!!!! That is good to know.

I use so much computer ink it is unreal. With candle labels and the spay neuter clinics I organize it is costly.We are getting a Walgreen's soon and they do cartridge refills for black at a cost of $10.00 and I think $15.00 for color.

LynnS

I always go to staples (29 cent color copies) and Office Depot (.03 b/w copies)

I just use my printer to make a hard copy, or better yet, add the file to a flash drive or sd card and take it to them.

Oversoyed.

Thank You!!!! That is good to know.

I use so much computer ink it is unreal. With candle labels and the spay neuter clinics I organize it is costly.We are getting a Walgreen's soon and they do cartridge refills for black at a cost of $10.00 and I think $15.00 for color.

LynnS

I make my own. I seem to always want to change them somehow.

Thats me too! I print them out at home on nice cardstock then dh takes them to work and cuts them up. I gave up using the actual business cards in my printer. I never could get them to line up.:o

see thats my problem every time i print them off at home, they arent lined up right they are off on one side or another, and it just looks cheap.. i get 250 of them at walmart for like 7-8 bucks and thats not including my ink.. so this was alot cheaper for me to do plus it is all colored..

i ordered 1500 yesterday they were printed and shipped yesterday.. so now i am waiting for them to get here i would try to figure out when they will get here but i have no idea where they are located i cant seem to find that anywhere....i paid for 7 days so i am sure i will get them on the 7th day lol

I do my own. Allows me to just print the amount I need and with a good paper slicer, you're good to go! :)

I've heard good things about overnightprints as well if you're looking for an outside source.

And I have to second Staples. They dont' have much selection as far as heavier stock though. And I was going to get some color prints from them at the advertised 29 cents a copy, until I saw the small print -- you have to buy 100. haha Still, that would be decent to print off 100 pages of cards (I can normally fit 10 to a sheet comfortably) and then cut myself. An excellent idea considering how much my inkjet eats my ink!

overnightprints.com

GREAT quality (the glossy side makes it look SO professional) and wonderful prices. I have used vista prints and I just have found that over night prints is just so much better.

I design my cards with photoshop and upload it. overnight prints does not have an upload fee (vista does if I remember correctly).

I use overnight for tons of stuff...cannot say enough good things about them.

I have used 123print.com, and they did a fantastic job. So far they have printed business cards, labels, and banners for me. Max time from order to delivery has been a week. When I figured up the cost of buying the card stock, print, and throwing away at least 3 pages at a time for off center, not to mention the paper nubs on the sides, it was well worth the $15.00 for a box. I purchased the candle burning at both ends, and most of our customers seem to love it.

Another great place to check is http://gotprint.com.

We just got 1000 cards from there ($23.19 including shipping).

These were done with our uploaded image with UV Gloss coating (full color front and Black and White on the back)

I used to print our cards on our laser printer, then have to cut them. These are actually cheaper and a lot less work though.