ATTN M&P'ers: Your ideas & input wanted!!

beau's mama

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soap Gems- really cool, check out this site

www.tspink.com

and there is a tutorial on this site.

www.teachsoap.com

There is another tutorial that I found once, with alot more detail, I will post it if I can go back and find it.

I tried it once, but haven't had the time to get into it again. I think it would take alot of trial and error to figure it out, but obviously it can be done.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32749&highlight=soap+gem

Hi,

I have been playing around for a while with m&p and trying the salt bar idea. I would love to be able to swirl and use additives ie pieces of kelp rather than powder and yes stop it from sinking! I would also really like to get better at making the tops of my m&P creations look more like cp with rough tops to them rather than the smooth look all the time.

If fact any of the suggestions - popping sounds really fun and I would love to know how to do that!! :rolleyes2

Thanks for starting this thread I am really looking forward to seeing any information that may come from it!

Jo

(newbie from Australia)

• 2 months later...
I just hope it doesn't die, I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. Wouldn't it be nice if the M&P was in it's own section under Bath & Body? Mods will probably kill me for that comment!:laugh2:

I've wanted a seperate MP section forever now!! But maybe we just don't have enough MP threadage to validate having our own section! Maybe if we UP the interest we could prove that it's worth having our own section.. but I would have to get our own section and then have it be not worth the time it took to set it up~~ know what I mean?? So.. keep the MP questions coming.. Keep the MP photos coming.. let's keep up the interest so the mods know that we deserve our own section huh? :) It's worth a try!

I'd like to learn how to make hard M & P soap. Yesterday day I added 1 oz of beeswax to 1 lb of SFIC Shea. Took it out of the mold this morning,,, feels rubbery when cutting.

Does it take a while for this type of soap to cure, or will it get harder after it's wrapped? I left it molded over night...Hmmm.. Is it too warm, or humid perhaps at this time to make this soap?

I had hoped this M & P would be the way to go to add soap into my line. I don't want lye in my home, so no CP or HP...

Does anyone get nice hard soap from M & P?

I'd like to learn how to make hard M & P soap. Yesterday day I added 1 oz of beeswax to 1 lb of SFIC Shea. Took it out of the mold this morning,,, feels rubbery when cutting.

Does it take a while for this type of soap to cure, or will it get harder after it's wrapped? I left it molded over night...Hmmm.. Is it too warm, or humid perhaps at this time to make this soap?

I had hoped this M & P would be the way to go to add soap into my line. I don't want lye in my home, so no CP or HP...

Does anyone get nice hard soap from M & P?

I am with you on the lye thing. I have lye here... have tried a batch of CP, which was fun.... but I can't get over the fear of lye. I am constantly worried .... hahaha. So I guess I will stick to the m&p pour too.

My bars get pretty hard. Not hard like Ivory soap (just an example).... but nice and hard. I purchased some CP soap from a craft show and found that it was very similar in hardness and in the way that it "melted away" quicker than a "store bought" bar of soap.

I also use beeswax.... just be careful of how much you use. I have found that if I add too much to my base, it will affect the lather.

Also, I DO let mine cure for about a week before I touch it.

hth...

Thank you Pixi,,, I might be pushing the process along. I've read several suppliers post that the M & P soaps can be used right away.

I've been googling cure times on M & P this morning and many suggest, like you, to wait about a week before cutting, wrapping etc.

Thanks much for your help. ~S~:cheesy2:

I think a separate MP Section is a great idea. I have been playing with it for awhile now and have had a blast. One of my customers went balistic. I did tons of flip flops and ocean themed MP and some layered. It sold like crazy. MP soap is an artform. And I have gotten some slamming MP bars in swaps.

I think a separate MP Section is a great idea. I have been playing with it for awhile now and have had a blast. One of my customers went balistic. I did tons of flip flops and ocean themed MP and some layered. It sold like crazy. MP soap is an artform. And I have gotten some slamming MP bars in swaps.

Flip flops, like the shoes? What a neat idea for soaps!

I'd love an MP section too, but I already made my forum suggestion on the wickless. :pIt's someone else's turn.

I tried swirling my MP, but it came out awful. Looked great... but once you hit the color, I got the colored bubbles. :/

Thought I would try MP so I ordered a bunch at the one of the coops. But I do not know what to do with it and i don't want to just melt it and put it in a mold. Or should i just to do iT???

I can't wait for some kinda class so I can learn something about MP

Beloved.. after you get done checking out the link that Alajane left for you, and figure out the basics, you can start having some fun and adding all kinds of wonderful stuff to your Melt and Pour soap to make some amazing bars of soap! There are tons of threads on this board.. if you search for melt and pour additives there should be lots of threads to muddle through! It's a wonderful fun thing to learn!! Have fun! :)

THIS IS KILLING ME !!!!!

I soooooo want to go buy some M&P but everytime i get a lil money in the bank some freak needs it .. an its gone the day i got it!

one of these days !!! i'll hide some $ an order mybases. till then . i drool over all these pics an ideas