ATTN M&P'ers: Your ideas & input wanted!!

beau's mama

What would you like to do with your M&P bases? What classes or tutorials would you like to see on CT?

I know swirling is at the top of the list :laugh2: but what else?

Do you want to know how to suspend additives w/o having to buy a suspension base?

Do you want to layer or make chunky soap that won't fall apart?

Wanna make your soap snap, crackle & pop? (I'm working on that :wink2: )

Now's the time to speak up. CT is here for you.:yes:

Don't be shy. No idea is too crazy to try at least once. I've gone through many, many #'s of base trying out my crazy ideas. The beauty of M&P is that no matter how bad the outcome, you can remelt it & try again or chop it up & add it to something else.

Come on ladies, let's turn this board out w/ some kick-butt M&P creations! (I can't curse b/c today is Sunday!)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would like my newly made bars of MP soap to cool with the powerball numbers in them!!! Doable?? :P

Great post my dear! I hope you get lots of responses. I know that there are sinfully few people out there who have a clue what MP soap can be!! Seriously~ I think I could write a book now! :) Hmmmm... there's an idea!

I don't think we have even begun to scratch the surface with our adventures in MP either.. soooooooooo much to learn!

definitely additives, suspending without everything floating to the top and having to hold it under...ummmm, so many things now i forgot them all

swirling is a difinite, and textured tops...whipping is another one ive tried and can never get right because it cools fast and just sticks in my pastery bag

If it's possible to suspend ingredients in a non-suspension base I would love to know that! Other ingredients to harden or increase lather and at what ration would also be great!

:cool2: I am always looking for new recipes to use for great M&P soap.

Alright here you go ...

I'd like to see a stained glass look (with an actualy picture and not random colored cubes)

I'd like to see let's see ... how about painting with M&P ... like could color be induced into the medium to try to makes scenes? Maybe not lol.

What about making embeds that don't bleed?

Psychedelic (??) swirls or cake rolls (if there's such a thing).

Alright here you go ...

I'd like to see a stained glass look (with an actualy picture and not random colored cubes)

Hmm, that's interesting enough to look into.

I'd like to see let's see ... how about painting with M&P ... like could color be induced into the medium to try to makes scenes? Maybe not lol.

Ha! Me too. Stenciling may be easier.

What about making embeds that don't bleed?

You're a soaper. Think about it :P

Psychedelic (??) swirls or cake rolls (if there's such a thing). What :confused:Like "HoHo's" :laugh2:

Geez, Scented. I just started M&Ping yesterday:laugh2:

Personally I would like my newly made bars of MP soap to cool with the powerball numbers in them!!! Doable?? :P

Great post my dear! I hope you get lots of responses. I know that there are sinfully few people out there who have a clue what MP soap can be!! Seriously~ I think I could write a book now! :) Hmmmm... there's an idea!

I don't think we have even begun to scratch the surface with our adventures in MP either.. soooooooooo much to learn!

Melt some clear, add black oxide & glitter, drizzle w/ white...then sit and watch the soap cool & harden. The numbers will appear in a vision. See? Doable!

You are so right! MP has so many possibilities.

mmmm food looking soaps...i love anything that looks like yummy sweet goodies :drool:

im wondering if you could roll the mp like candle wax to make those lil cinnabons like when you do the jelly roll type of soapies or maybe something to look like a twinkie or strawberry shortcake

hmmm i just thought of this i dont know if it is possible or not.. but making 2 batches the same scent or 2 different scents.. roll each out like you would dough.. put one color on top of the other roll it into a round log and cut bars, you would have an awesome swirl then...

but i dont know if the layers would stick cuz the soap would have to be cooled to be able to roll them out....

ahhhhh geez, now im gonna have to find a way to do something like this...

I'd like to know how to make the frosting to go with the cupcakes. I know I can buy the frosting base from ... ummmm ... oops forgot the name....but can it be done without that base using just regular mp tweaked with something?

oh yeah swirls and jelly rolls too

just a thought on the stained glass look...

i know i read somewhere about making shapes from pie tins, or aluminum (cant remember where i read it) but anyway...

what if you printed out a template for a stained glass picture i know you can find many of these on the web

then bent the aluminum into the shapes

i would cool them in the fridge or freezer

i would trace the design onto paper with a marker

lay it into my mold(guessing it would it have to be like a slab mold depending on the size of the pic)

i would probably cool the mold in the fridge also

then i would melt, color, fragrance the soap and either pipe or gently pour it into the shapes, just enough to get a good shape..not to thick..stick in the fridge, if it leaked i would trim the leakage off and proceed with the next shape

once all the shapes are poured maybe spray lightly with alcohol and do a clear overpour

i dunno :undecided maybe it would work, i'll have to try it when my shipment of base comes

ok im done brain-storming :D

I like the gemstone idea, although I probably wouldn't do it, just want to know how it's done ;)

Already know how to suspend w/o a suspension base. :tiptoe:

Already add (way) more items than is recommended. :tiptoe:

What I haven't mastered is how to keep fingerprints off. I use a slab mold with dividers and almost always get fingerprints. Even with gloves. Spraying with alcohol doesn't help.

How about salt bars? I KNOW it can be done, but mine were, um... yeah.... not very pretty.

The jelly roll MP soap can definitely be done! I've seen it and even got a few bars like it in swaps.. it's kinda neat, but I've never tried it myself.

The gemstone soaps can be done too, I will look around, I've saved instructions for that somewhere..

I hate the fingerprints too so I use a crinkle cutter almost always now to avoid that. I'm sure they are still there, they just don't stand out like straight cut bars.

I like the gemstone idea, although I probably wouldn't do it, just want to know how it's done ;)

Already know how to suspend w/o a suspension base. :tiptoe:

Already add (way) more items than is recommended. :tiptoe:

What I haven't mastered is how to keep fingerprints off. I use a slab mold with dividers and almost always get fingerprints. Even with gloves. Spraying with alcohol doesn't help.

How about salt bars? I KNOW it can be done, but mine were, um... yeah.... not very pretty.

Ha! That's the fun part...adding more that what you're "supposed" to. At least it is for me. I don't like anybody trying to stifle my creativity...and I love proving them wrong!

As far as the fingerprints, have you tried wiping them w/ a soft cloth or giving them a quick rinse under cold water? I only use LS white, but I still get a faint fingerprint, although no one seems to see it except for me LOL. That base isn't as shiny as the others, so I'm not sure it would work for ya' but it's worth a shot.

If it's possible to suspend ingredients in a non-suspension base I would love to know that! Other ingredients to harden or increase lather and at what ration would also be great! :cool2: I am always looking for new recipes to use for great M&P soap.

Yep, my darling, it's possible :P

OK, I'm feeling generous tonight.

Let your base start to cool. Stir ocassionally to test for thickness (that means it's cooling) Add your stuff, a little at a time & gently stir. If the additives sink to the bottom, your base isn't ready yet. Let it cool a bit more. Test it again. Your base should be thick (cool) enough to suspend, yet not too cool to pour. You may have to play w/ it a few times to get a feel for it, but you can do it. I'm rootin' for ya!

Hardening & increasing lather? There is LOTS of info right here on CT. It's been talked about quite a bit. Again, that's something you'll have to play with a bit to get your soap the way YOU want it. It took me lots of reading & even more experimenting to get my soap the way I wanted it, but the struggle was so worth it, and it was fun!

Recipes? Ha, you already have a gazillion inside of you :laugh2: The sky is the limit. That M&P is sitting there screaming "USE ME! PLAY WITH ME! I CAN TAKE IT!!"

If you have some ideas you'd like to kick around, I'd be more that happy to help you get them out of your head & into some soap.

Just pm me.

So, is there gonna be a class on this? I'm not really a cpbs, cphp and um LS snob ya know:laugh2: :laugh2: and I love a challenge. But, I'm really cheap and want to make just one bar of gorgeous, super moisturizing, long lasting soap with silk and shea butter:smiley2: let me know when the classes start.

Yep' date=' my darling, it's possible :P

OK, I'm feeling generous tonight.

Let your base start to cool. Stir ocassionally to test for thickness (that means it's cooling) Add your stuff, a little at a time & gently stir. If the additives sink to the bottom, your base isn't ready yet. Let it cool a bit more. Test it again. Your base should be thick (cool) enough to suspend, yet not too cool to pour. You may have to play w/ it a few times to get a feel for it, but you can do it. I'm rootin' for ya!

Hardening & increasing lather? There is LOTS of info right here on CT. It's been talked about quite a bit. Again, that's something you'll have to play with a bit to get your soap the way YOU want it. It took me lots of reading & even more experimenting to get my soap the way I wanted it, but the struggle was so worth it, and it was fun!

Recipes? Ha, you already have a gazillion inside of [i']you :laugh2: The sky is the limit. That M&P is sitting there screaming "USE ME! PLAY WITH ME! I CAN TAKE IT!!"

If you have some ideas you'd like to kick around, I'd be more that happy to help you get them out of your head & into some soap.

Just pm me.

LOL. Thanks for the generosity!

I will give that method a try. I've tried OO to harden my soaps and it does seem to help. Someone also mentioned Castor oil. I'm such a nervous nelly when it comes to experimenting with recipes. I need to get over it and just let myself go crazy. I'm afraid I might like it and never be able to go back! How will that affect the kids if there mommy lets loose and goes wild with soap! Oh the horrors on the innocent family. I can see the news stories now. *super banana*

Breaking news: "Woman goes wild and family watches in shame!" :eek: