Renaming Problems

My business is going through an overhaul. Right now I am working on getting a set fragrance list. Below I have listed the fragrance oil name, supplier, and what I have come up with. Please give me feedback on what I have gotten and if you have ideas, share those too. As you can see, I am going for Southern themed names.

Fresh Roses~ Gelluminations~ ______________________

Buttercream~Gell~ Buttercream Frosting

Clean Cotton~Gell~ Cotton Fields

Cool Water Type~Gell~ Southern Beau

Country Garden~Peaks~ Southern Belle

Gardenia~ Gell~ __________________(I think I may keep this one as gardenia.)

Apple Cobbler Delight~ FOH~ Spiced Apple Cobbler

Bedtime Bath~ FOH~ _____________________________

Baby Powder~ Gell~ Clean Youngster (I really need yalls opinion on this one..)

Cranberry Citrus~ Gell~ Cranberry Craze

Georgia Peach~ Gell~ Georgia Peach

French Vanilla~ Gell~ Vanilla

Fresh Brewed Coffee~ Gell~ Early Mornings

Magnolia~ Gell~ Mississippi Magnolia

Strawberries and Cream~ Gell~ ____________________

Leather~ Gell~ Leather

Kudzu~ Alabaster~ Alabama Kudzu

Fruit Slices~ Gell~ ___________________

Fresh Cut Grass~ Gell~ Just Bailed Hay

Hawaiian Breeze~ Gell~ _____________Summertime Sunset maybe?

Cucumber Melon~ Gell~ _______________________________

TIA

Adam

Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't go calling a French Vanilla just plain ol' Vanilla. There's a bit of difference in the two scents IMO and it would probably be noticed.

As for gardenia ... little hard to call it something else if that's all it is.

Bed & Bath ... Pampered Baby?

I might suggest renaming Country Garden to something else. It isn't feminine enough to be a Southern Belle IMO.

Fresh cut grass is quite different from hay too ... JMO.

I agree about the French Vanilla. French Vanilla has a distinctive scent over typical vanilla. If you were to consider changing it, possibly consider using a type of French pastry.

Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't go calling a French Vanilla just plain ol' Vanilla. There's a bit of difference in the two scents IMO and it would probably be noticed.

I might suggest renaming Country Garden to something else. It isn't feminine enough to be a Southern Belle IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions. As for the Vanilla, I don't want French Vanilla coming from SOUTHERN Scents. I may just have to go with plain ol vanilla unless I can come up with something else.

As for the Country Garden, I haven't decided wether to go with it, Cashemere and Pearls, or someother feminine fragrance. I want to Name whatever fragrance I go with Southern Belle though.

The Fresh Cut Grass is actually called New Mown Hay at Gelluminations. I think they just called it this because Fresh Cut Grass may be TM??? I will also have to look into my options for these.

Thanks for the suggestions. As for the Vanilla, I don't want French Vanilla coming from SOUTHERN Scents. I may just have to go with plain ol vanilla unless I can come up with something else.

As for the Country Garden, I haven't decided wether to go with it, Cashemere and Pearls, or someother feminine fragrance. I want to Name whatever fragrance I go with Southern Belle though.

The Fresh Cut Grass is actually called New Mown Hay at Gelluminations. I think they just called it this because Fresh Cut Grass may be TM??? I will also have to look into my options for these.

Well, ok, but I do believe the FRENCH QUARTER is in NEW ORLEANS and you can't get more SOUTHERN than that can you????? So why wouldn't you want a FRENCH vanilla coming from SOUTHERN scents?

OK - the French Vanilla that I have from Keystone smells almost like Buttercream I have from another company. Now if you are from the south and GA we know all about cows and fresh churned butter and fresh cream. Nothing better with good old syrup and biscuits:cheesy2:

whatever fragrance I go with Southern Belle though.

Then find something very prim and proper ... but you know, there used to a fragrance out there called Sweet Scarlett ... now that might pass for your southern belle.

Find some kind of puff pastry or something else then, because people will notice the difference and maybe think you a little off your rocker lol.

Fresh Roses = ''Bama Blue Ribbon Rose' or 'Rose Garden'

Gardenia = 'Gentrified Gardenia'

Bedtime Bath = 'Snuggle Baby' or 'Baby Bunting'

Baby Powder = maybe mix it with a clean laundry scent and call it 'Baby Blanket'

Strawberries and Cream = 'Sugared Strawberries' (if it smells sweet enough) or 'Bless Your Heart'

Kudzu = '!@#%^&*('

Fruit Slices = 'Fruit Basket' or 'Fruit Basket Turn Over' (or would that be 'turnover'?)

Fresh Cut Grass = 'Damn Bahia'

Hawaiian Breeze = ''Bama Breeze' or 'Dauphin Island' or 'Pensacola Breeze' or 'Savannah Breeze' or 'Tybee Island' or 'Florida Breeze' or 'Thank The Lord Its Not Another Hurricane'

That should get you thinking.

Darbla

Would "sweet milk vanilla" be to southern for french vanilla. The smell makes me think of fresh homemade sweet milk ice cream from "ma's"! She always called whole milk "sweet milk" versus buttermilk. I guess that was because when they milked the cow the product was the "milk". Then the question was to use it as sweet milk or buttermilk. She made sweet milk gravy and used the butter milk for her cornbread and milk which always horrified me! I always eat my cornbread and milk with "sweet" milk and later learned to love sliced "maters" in it. Ummmm! For those of you who don't know how to eat cornbread and milk: YOu take a chunk of cornbread, crumble it into slightly smaller chunks in a cereal bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour milk over it until "swimming" (about like you do cereal) and dig in!:) As I said above, I like chopped tomatoes in mine also. (Sorry, I've gotten off the subject):o You gotta have a peach cobbler scent if your doing southern themes! Around here they have been begging for a "roast" scent(like meat cooking) which sounds horrible to me! I told them it was probably impossible anyway!

If you have a scent list on your site that describes each scent, then I think you can get away with not having to have the 'exact' note of the scent in the name.. for instance Fresh Roses could be Boudoir Bouquet or...

Fresh Roses~ Gelluminations~ Bama Bouquet, (Or if going with an earlier suggestion to use something more feminine for your 'Southern Belle' scent, this would be perfect for Rose)

Buttercream~Gell~ Buttercream Frosting,

Cool Water Type~Gell~ Southern Beau

Country Garden~Peaks~ Southern Belle

Gardenia~ Gell~ (I think I may keep this one as gardenia.)

Apple Cobbler Delight~ FOH~ Spiced Apple Cobbler,

I would lead with the 'Spice' title if you feel it really is strong on the spice. Otherwise it might be misleading. But I haven't sniffed it.

Bedtime Bath~ FOH~ Southern Sunset (opposite of Southern Sunrise :cheesy2: )

Baby Powder~ Gell~ Clean Youngster (I really need yalls opinion on this one..)

The word 'youngster' is somehow not very free flowing... maybe Clean Young'n or Little One. Baby Powder to me, is not so much a 'clean' scent as much as it is a 'soft' one. So if it were me, I'd not go the way of 'clean' anything for this one. But maybe that's just me.:2cents:

Cranberry Citrus~ Gell~ Cranberry Craze, Cranberry Sunset

French Vanilla~ Gell~ Vanilla, Leenabug's Sweet Milk Vanilla would work well Louisianna Lace or Vanilla Lace or Antique Vanilla - I think that would indicate a richer, tanner type vs. straight Vanilla

Fresh Brewed Coffee~ Gell~ Early Mornings, Southern Sunrise

Magnolia~ Gell~ Mississippi Magnolia

Strawberries and Cream~ Gell~ Southern Shortcake, Savanna Shortcake

Leather~ Gell~ Leather, 8 Second Survivor, Rodeo Ranger, Rough Rider, Bronc Bustin', Saddle Up

Fruit Slices~ Gell~ Fruit Fair, Fruit Festival, Fruit Stand,

U pick, Country Fair ('round these parts that would mean a Hemp scent and naked hippies, lol... but i'm sure it's totally different there, lol) Southern Punch

Fresh Cut Grass~ Gell~ Just Bailed Hay , Kentucky Blue Grass, Fields Without Fences, Derby Dreams, Pitch Fork

Hawaiian Breeze~ Gell~ Summertime Sunset maybe?

That's good, or Savannah Sunset (it's on the coast right?) Or Coastal Calm, Wish You Were Here, Tropical Dreams. Also, I've suggested a lot of 'Sunset' names it seems- but i'd avoid using it too often in your line. So maybe Savanna Sea ? 'Southern' is ok to use again and again though since that is your theme.

Cucumber Melon~ Gell~ Columbus Crawl (ha ha, that's a joke- I used to live in Columbus:p right on the border of Columbus, Ga and Phoenix, Alambama... the men would go to the down town district in Phoenix to meet women, and 'crawl' home. Anyhoo- yer too young to know about that:shocked2: I'm distracted, lol- I can't think of anything for this one.

I just did this myself to 99.8% of the scents I carry and I feel your pain.

Cute as a Button comes to mind for the Bedtime Bath

Picadilly Gardens for Fresh Cut Roses

Creamy Custard Filling - Vanilla

Rendezvous Cafe - Fresh Brewed Coffee

Okay, that's all I can do on half a pot of coffee.

I really don't know why you want to rename some of these scents, personally I don't like renaming them. It can confuse a customer in my opinion but if you want something southern let's see. If a customer is looking for say a rose scent and they are on your site and see Fresh Roses called something that does not even have the rose name in it, well if it was me I would go somewhere else.

Fresh Roses~ Gelluminations~ _Rose Garden

Buttercream~Gell~ Buttercream Frosting

Cool Water Type~Gell~ Southern Beau - Not crazy about that

Country Garden~Peaks~ Southern Belle - Country is not southern?

Gardenia~ Gell~ _I wouldn't even try to rename Gardenia - that's about as southern as you can get they are growning in my yard

Apple Cobbler Delight~ FOH~ Spiced Apple Cobbler-That sounds southern enough for me - maybe leave off the delight

Bedtime Bath~ FOH~ _____________________________

Baby Powder~ Gell~ Clean Youngster (I really need yalls opinion on this one..) Don't like Younster on that

Cranberry Citrus~ Gell~ Cranberry Craze

French Vanilla~ Gell~ Vanilla custurd

Fresh Brewed Coffee~ Gell~ Thats southern enough for me, I drink it all the time in GA and GA is pretty southern

Magnolia~ Gell~ Mississippi Magnolia I have magnolia tree's growing wild in the woods behind my house - why change it?

Strawberries and Cream~ Gell~ _That's not southern?

Leather~ Gell~ Leather

Fruit Slices~ Gell~ _Fruit cocktail

Fresh Cut Grass~ Gell~ Just Bailed Hay Fresh cut grass smells nothing like just bailed hay I would leave it along, I love the smell of walking out in my yard when the grass has just been cut.

Hawaiian Breeze~ Gell~ __Ocean Breeze

Cucumber Melon~ Gell~ __Cucumber and melons are pretty southern - my neighbor grows cucumbers and my Daddy used to grow Watermelons so why change it

Personally I wouldn't change anything. Changing names are why customers have a hard time trying to find what they want. As you can probably tell, my mood is bad today. Have a leg that is really hurting today and really need to be up getting ready to pour about 300 little sample cups for a fundraiser:(

French Vanilla: French Market Vanilla, Vanille Creole, Cajun Cream, Slap Me Vanilla, Bayou Bean Vanilla,

Magnolia: Magnolia Blossoms, Plantation Magnolia, Southern Magnolia, Sweet Magnolia Blossoms

Hawaiian Breeze: New Orleans Night, Louisiana Lullaby, Mississippi Moonlight, Southern Breeze, Georgia Nights

Leather: Rebel Yell, Alligator Shoes, Southern Gent, Muskrat Love, Rhett Butler

Fresh Roses: Plantation Rose Garden, French Market Roses, Texas Rose, Sweet Charlotte

Clean Cotton: High Cotton, Cotton Balls, Cotton Fields, Alabama Cotton Field

Bedtime Bath: Bebe Bubbles, Bayou Baby, Dixie Bubbles