Some pop colors

Scented

First up is the ultraviolet, sure to be renamed since it's not really "ultra" violet. The purple is the purple pop color from the coop, but I only used 1/4 tsp of it and should have used more and just colored the batch with it. The pink in there is some SS color that actually worked.

There's a milk combo of GM and CM in here, so wondering if that's helping with the gray hue, which is ... gag. But I had milks in another batch of this and got white. I'm confused.

[ATTACH]15105[/ATTACH]

Next is Jonquil from Scent Works. Beautiful fragrance, but ahhhh ... I don't trust soap notes any more lol. This started to go to a paste quickly, so I made Rockin stir while I did the colors.

The colors -- lemon drop pop and tangerine pop. Really pretty colors.

[ATTACH]15103[/ATTACH]

Now here they are during a gel stage ... likely the end of gel so there's some transparency and a little bit of sweating, but not that much really as the pix indicates.

[ATTACH]15104[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458444216_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458444218_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458444219_thumb.jpg

There's a milk combo of GM and CM in here, so wondering if that's helping with the gray hue, which is ... gag. But I had milks in another batch of this and got white. I'm confused.

First, let me say, they are all really pretty, and I really don't see the "gray hue" or think it's supposed to be like that?

Anyway, as for the discoloration on this batch, it may have heated up a tad bit more than the batch you got that was white. Heating up with milk soaps lends to getting a darker color, even if it's only warmer by a few degrees from batch to batch.

I think they are both very pretty! I can't notice the gray hue in the first batch like you mentioned. But then again, sometimes seeing soaps in pictures are very different than seeing them in person.

I can't wait to see these cut! :)

Hey thanks!

I haven't noticed any bleeding in the colors. Actually I like the brightness that tends to stay around. The Jonquil, which I think needs another day before cutting (and maybe more than a day) appears to have held the yellow and orange quite well.

I think if I would have used 1/2 on the purple, it would have come out darker. And maybe it's just my lighting, but I thought the pops offered a little bit of sparkle too.

I could definitely get hooked on them if they all come out fabulously. Will try to play with some other colors. I think I have reddish one and a green one I could try next.

I really like the light color swirls in the first one, but I can see why you say you should have used more than 1/4 t. Of the purple, you want to make the color "pop" and live up to it's name! :D lolI REALLY love the jonquil soap with it's "pop" colors, you can really see the sparkle in them, which is usually hard to capture in a photo-good job! I'm sure its even more sparkly in person huh?! Kymber- I canNOT believe you didn't order any of the pop colors-girl, what were you thinking?! LOLI can't wait to try mine-the hardest part will be deciding which ones to try first and then finding an FO to go with the color(s)! LOL (which is sooo backwards I know ;) )