A few scrubs using my new micas!

CBE

I did what everyone else in the co-op is probably doing now. Playing around with my new colors!!! While I didn't do soap, I was in a scrub mood today. Yes, the pictures are big... but something is up with Photobucket... I keep trying to resize and it keeps kicking me off! Sorry!!:o Well, with the pics this huge, you'll have a good view of the micas in action!!! :)

First is Desert Blossom (using Prickly Pear FO from Southern Soapers). I used my Copper Glitter Mica from the co-op to color this one.

rsz_PurplePricklyPear_Scrub.jpg

Lemon Sugar & Candied Violets (from Daystar), using Lemon Drop POP Mica to color.

rsz_Lemon_Sugar_and_Violets_scrub2.jpg

Sakura Blossoms (from Southern Soapers), using Raspberry POP Mica to color.

rsz_Sakura_Blossoms_scrub.jpg

Last... Chocolate Amber (from Sweetcakes), colored with Dragonfly Mica (this mica is soooooo lovely!) I sprinkled the tops with it, you can see the irridescent green a little bit.

rsz_Sage_and_Lemongrass_Scrub.jpg

OMG those are gorgeous and yummy looking!! Are they little specks in it the mica as well?

I hope they have another co-op soon when I'm not broke.

It's quite hard to see, but the glittery specks are from the mica. The specks that you can see well... those are jojoba beads. :)

Very nice! What recipe did you use for your scrubs? I want to play around with some emulsified ones, but don't have all my ingredients yet!

Steph

I was using FBB at one time, but used what I had left over and never reordered. That stuff is just so drying to my skin. I have to lube up real good after using a FBB scrub.

I started playing around with emulsified recipes I would find online, but alot were too waxy or just too oily. Took a while, but I formulated my own recipe to suit my taste. I still tweak it here and there, because IMO... it'll never be perfect. LOL We're all looking for that perfect recipe!!

Wouldn't you know you'd have some kind of security measure that I couldn't swipe a bit and sniff and use it ... dang screens. J/K! Wow that lemon drop pop is a good looking yellow.

Yep, I had to play with them too ... made some Jonquil soap with the lemon drop and tangerine pops and the purple pop is hanging in there.

GORGEOUS!! Man those are some pretty looking srubs! How much Mica are you adding per oz or # or whatever to get those gorgeous colors. Making a list of the ones I need to order next go around! LOL

I really don't measure, I use popsicle sticks to get a bit of the mica out... and I add a little at a time until I get the desired effects I want. I tend to have a heavy hand when it comes to coloring :shocked2: , so I restrain myself and add a little bit at a time. LOL