SW Black Raspberry Vanilla

SOAPFREAK

Another gorgeous work of art, SF! You truly are the Goddess of Swirl!

Now, I have to ask, will the base part of the soap turn dark due to the vanilla in the fo?

Actually no Louise, Sw BRV doesn't turn brown. There supposedly was a lot of oil that was turning brown on people and I was afraid to use it. Well we had a soaping party a couple weeks ago and a lady wanted this scent. I told her that it is possible it would turn brown. It didn't! I was so happy!

ok, I'm gonna have to stop looking at your soaps, its killing me. Today I decided I'll put some blobs on top of my slab soap, and try doing that!!

What a laugh, NOT :(

I had to go out and buy 2 squeezy bottles. They were only small, but I got down nearly one line and they had gunked up, had to undo it, clean nozzle and do next row, but by then this colour had set in the bottle too!

It took me ages to do 2 lines, which I then noticed were solid! so I couldn't drag a toothpick through it. I was gutted, only reason it didn't go out of the window, was I'd used my new eo's and only had a bit left, and it was the last of my soap base till next week.

In the end, I thought, sod this for a game of soldiers and just poured one colour on top of the white and waited, then poured the next colour on top of that one.

Came out ok though.

I take my hat off to you. Not just the design of them, but the technicalities of doing it.

You're amazing xx :D

ok' date=' I'm gonna have to stop looking at your soaps, its killing me. Today I decided I'll put some blobs on top of my slab soap, and try doing that!!

What a laugh, NOT :(

I had to go out and buy 2 squeezy bottles. They were only small, but I got down nearly one line and they had gunked up, had to undo it, clean nozzle and do next row, but by then this colour had set in the bottle too!

It took me ages to do 2 lines, which I then noticed were solid! so I couldn't drag a toothpick through it. I was gutted, only reason it didn't go out of the window, was I'd used my new eo's and only had a bit left, and it was the last of my soap base till next week.

In the end, I thought, sod this for a game of soldiers and just poured one colour on top of the white and waited, then poured the next colour on top of that one.

Came out ok though.

I take my hat off to you. Not just the design of them, but the technicalities of doing it.

You're amazing xx :D[/quote']

Wick, are you scenting the soap in the bottles too?

I pour my soap at thin trace into the bottles, add the color to those, then color and scent the main batch and pour. I never scent what I put in the bottles for that reason. Be careful with td in the bottles, it likes to accelerate trace.

Wick, are you scenting the soap in the bottles too?

I pour my soap at thin trace into the bottles, add the color to those, then color and scent the main batch and pour. I never scent what I put in the bottles for that reason. Be careful with td in the bottles, it likes to accelerate trace.

hiya, thanks for your reply.

yep it was all scented and coloured. However, I'm doing M&P soap, only been making soaps about 3-4weeks now. I'm wondering if that 'sets up' quicker than cp or hp