Don't shoot the messenger...

I appreciate Brad coming to our forum to let us know what is going on in the market. Even though I don't buy wax from him now, I may in the future. Any established candle company wants to know what the future holds. This thread has really gone off track. Thanks Brad! Carole

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so it is clear...this is not some stunt to gin up business. That would be counter productive - i could just sit tight and wait for prices to go up. It appears that some will always few a suppliers motives as suspect. I can''t do anything about that...and don't worry about it. I try to give all my customers enough time to decide what is best for them.

The reason I posted is the simple fact that i am concerned about the future of the candle industry - the small to medium size producers in particular. I wonder when the consumer will say - "enough is enough".

This increase is going change the game for some people...and it won't be the last.

Please keep in mind I have to be careful about how much I say...and I may have said to much already. With that...I am exiting this thread.

Thanks alot for the heads up..it really makes a big problem for me..we lived in a depressed area as it is and my business is barely a business as it is..now we wre buying ahouse in another county..which I know no one..so I am probably one of the "little guys" calling it quits as a business.:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: But I will never give up candlemaking for myself and family.I will just be considered a hobby.:o Well,in a couple months I will be listing alot of fo's..some I never even used..just to unload.I will keep my absolute fav's.but that is it. Good luck to all..and I love this board and will never leave here either! Just love evryone here!:D

Kimmeroo

Hi All, I'm new here so I will try to keep to my P's and Q's. The market drives prices either up or down. As long as oil is traded on the market and someone can make a profit by buying and selling then it's going one way or the other. Consumption is the only way we can fight this. Drive a cheap to operate car and drive less. Everything we use today is made from oil. Plastics for the puters, coke bottles, your toothbrush and the plastic squezz tube the paste is in. The point I am trying to make is the LESS we use the MORE we will have and that will somewhat drive the price down. We can not do anything about China but we can stop the flood of Chinese materials into the US by not buying them. I REFUSE to buy anything made in China. I will do without first. If everyone would do this then it will only help us. Just my two cents worth.... Joe:o

I'm quickly getting to the point you are at...see that made in China sticker and walk away! :tiptoe:

yes brad, thanks for the heads up. i know i appreciate a heads up.

i just paid $73 for c3 in pittsburgh today. the owner said it is like gas. keeps going up steadly and will keep going up.

i prefer the warning. buy 6 cases today at 73 each is better than 2 today at 73 then 4 in 3 weeks at $93 a case.

i also heard about borrowing $ from china to pay us. what the!

also, i have windmills all around me and my electric bill this winter averaged $380. where the heck is that generated electric going? certainly not in my neighborhood!:angry2: