California

Sometimes I order from Genwax in LA because it's the closest supplier to Hawaii. They carry only their own waxes, though, not the popular ones discussed on this board.

For FO's, additives and molds, Peak Candle Supplies in Colorado has good service and reasonable shipping to California.

I live in Mission Viejo, just down the freeway I guess you could say from you :)

Right now I'm taking a break from making candles as I started a job and am going thru a divorce. Those are a little time consuming at the moment. I've even thought of selling all my supplies recently.

There are many suppliers that I have used......just depends what I needed to order at the time.

I'm not in Southern CA, but I am in Central Cali!! :D

I've ordered from Genwax, but I don't like their supposedly container wax, it's hard almost like a straight paraffin-yuk! I have tried a couple of their FO's and they were pretty good, but I'll tell ya, I'd rather pay more in shipping and get REAL quality stuff (like from Peak, Just Scent, Nature's Garden, etc.) then to get mediocre supplies just to save money on shipping.

I know wax can get really pricey with shipping (sometimes shipping being just as much as the price of the wax :eek: ) but if you shop around you should be able to find something worth your while.

It really does suck doesn't it? Just thinking about us living here in Ca. where we have so much diversity, have just about EVERYTHING you could want here, except for a good candle supplier!! :(

I have used Issaquah Candle Supply they are in WA. so not too far, and also Cierra Candles is in Az I believe, there is a list of suppliers by state, let me get it for ya!

http://www.candleandsoapstuff.com/Suppliers_by_State.html

Just do NOT buy from the sponser of the site above- a lot of people have had terrible experiences with them.

Here's the link for Issaquah and Cierra also:

http://cierracandles.com/

http://www.issaquahcandleandsupply.com/

HTH (hope that helps)

Happy to have you here, and if you need anything you can PM anytime!! :D

Boy do I hear you out there on not enough West Coast suppliers! Maybe, just maybe, if the gas prices go low enough I can stock up on some good wax!

Hey Michi, Issaquah is calling it quits by the way. I ordered some liquid dyes from them yesterday and they have cut some of their prices on other things so you might find something you're not in a big rush for before they're gone altogether. I guess the Honeywell IGA wax changes convinced them to try something else.

Sheryl Norcal

Sheryl, just goes to show ya I haven't bought anything from the lately-I didn't even realize that (about Issaquah) until I pulled up the link for this post! :embarasse

Great, now there's one less supplier who'll be remotely close to us! :(

What do you mean by if the gas prices get low enough you can stock up on some wax? do you have a supplier that you can drive to?? If so, I wanna know about it! ;)

I had even thought that if 2 or 3 of us lived within a fairly short driving distance of one another that we could pool our orders and then drive to pick them up from whatever source we all ordered from. Maybe get the UPS hundred weight or whatever. But that's no small task since we all make so many types of candles I guess...oh well, time to shell out for shipping!

Sheryl

Not sure what type of wax you guys use, but there's a supplier in Washington that has a warehouse here in Sacramento. I order by the pallet and go pick it up, so I'm not sure if he allows smaller orders or not, but something to look into! Let me know...