I Did It And I'm Addicted!

Fire and Ice

I just finished putting my first 2# batch of Oatmeal Milk and Honey to bed!

I measured out all of my oils last night and got everything ready for this afternoon. Did my lye water last night too!

I never did find my new whisk so I made due with a spatula and my stick blender was used to incorporate the oils together before adding the lye water. I also added my F/O then too!

My mold was lined, cocoa was set aside and mix with a teasoon of water and a few drops of SAO.

I wasn't expecting it to trace as quickly as it did so I'm very glad I only blasted of a second with stick blender. Just one quick pulse and I could feel the trace. I went back and grab the cocoa cup, took so raw soap out and set it aside will I went back and restirred the pot.

I was quickly to a medium trace and then finished mixing the cocoa cup which was a little thicker trace. Raised the cup high over the pot and poured and brought in back down and around!

Then I poured it into the mold. It filled it to the very top!:shocked2: Put plastic over and gently laid the top on after tapping it on the counter to get any air bubbles out!

I'll check tonight to see if it gelled!

I like these log mold I bought and I've got several of them!

I have a large mess to clean up later but I'm addicted!

Fire

There won't be any pictures because I don't have a digital camera!:( But I'll be sure to discribe everything to you guys!

I got a portion of the mess cleaned up but the soap pot is still soaking!

Yeah, I'm already planning the next batch for later. Yes, I'm totally addicted and the Lye water wasn't as scary as I though it would be.

Maybe next week I will get up the nerve to soap Goat's Milk since I have several cans but right now, distilled water is working good for me!

Fire

Congrats!!! Welcome to the n00b addicted to soaping club!!! :laugh2::yay::bliss:

Yes I'm an addict too. LOL It's really fun isn't it? Playing with the trace is like playing with clay or something. I loved seeing that part the first time. I'll never forget my first time!!! :laugh2:

I just got my Kelsei mold and I can't wait to do my first batch. All I need is distilled water - I can't believe I forgot to get some and it is snowing like a banshee here tonight, so it will have to wait until later this weekend. That's OK - it will give me time to re-read everything I read a month and a half ago that got me so excited to make CP soap! Can I have the dancing babies too when I get mine done? lol

I just got my Kelsei mold and I can't wait to do my first batch. All I need is distilled water - I can't believe I forgot to get some and it is snowing like a banshee here tonight, so it will have to wait until later this weekend. That's OK - it will give me time to re-read everything I read a month and a half ago that got me so excited to make CP soap! Can I have the dancing babies too when I get mine done? lol

But of course, Happy Soapmaking! :highfive:

Why not make snow soap? (That way you don't have to wait!)

congratulations...so glad everything went well on your first soap..:yay:

Thank everyone! We'll se how it turns out tomorrow when I unmold it!

I'm working hard not to peek but I'm still waiting for it to gel. I looked about an hour ago and it still hasn't gelled but the mold is warm to the touch. It's wrapped ina towel and a blanket and tucked on the hearth~ not close enough to cause a problem but it should benifit from the warm stone hearth.

Fire

Congratulations on your first batch of soap! :yay: I'm glad to see so many taking their first plunge, it reminds me of my first time and the excitement.

You could get a disposable camera to document your soaps and when you go to get it processed, have them do it on disc, that way you can load em up and share with everyone.

Just buy a cheapie 10 dollar walmart digital camera. They have ones like dirt cheap. You can't put memory cards in them and the resolution is simple and there's no special features, but they work ok for simple pictures. I got one for each of my older kids when they were old enough and they had a ball with them. They come with a simple usb cable and it's easy to get them onto the computer.

I'll give that a try, VIO.

I unmolded my soap and tested it for zap and I have NONE. I checked it in five different spots on different slices!

I'll have to fire the wood burners and make my second batch. I just have to find a different recipe. No castile for me. Takes too long to cure and I've tried someone elses and the slime factor was the pits!

I want to do a goats milk but not yet. Need to get a few more regular batch under my belt first.

Thanks Mystical for the great dancing babies! I DO remember those from the old boards!:wink2:

Fire

Woo hoo!!!! Soap on Fire and Ice!!! :D:yay::bliss:

Congrats and can't wait to hear more on your soaping!!! It makes me want to whip out some oils and lye when I see your posts. This is very hard. To watch others soaping when I'm not. It's a very strange feeling. This soaping thing is extremely hard to control. :laugh2:

Woo hoo!!!! Soap on Fire and Ice!!! :D:yay::bliss:

Congrats and can't wait to hear more on your soaping!!! It makes me want to whip out some oils and lye when I see your posts. This is very hard. To watch others soaping when I'm not. It's a very strange feeling. This soaping thing is extremely hard to control. :laugh2:

It's all that power one assumes when they get behind the controls of a stick blender!!! All those attachments, all that power in one's hands...What's a person to do??? LOL!:yes: :wave: :laugh2:

Fire

Who will be looking for an interesting recipe to soap tomorrow night. I guess I'm a night time soaper.