Anyone use AstorLite J-50

If so any tips or suggestion? I just bought a slab and was wondering about any experiences you may have had with fragrance, dyes and wicks. I was thinking about using 44-32-18z for jelly jars. As for fragrance and dye, I'm clueless:confused:

I use this wax and love it. A 44z works perfectly in my JJ. I don't get wax hangup on the sides, and if I get a little, it cleans up further down the jar when the sides get hot. I rarely wick up in the JJ to be honest.

Thank you so much. Where is the best place to buy wicks?

I'm trying to do research but getting frustrated. Shipping seems

astronomical. I'm thinking about making my own. Crap... something

else to research:o

J-50 and J223 are great goof-proof waxes to use. However, I too tend to use a 51 zinc rather than a 44 in my 8 oz. jelly jars. However, people claim that they get a good melt pool with the 44's, so maybe test both sizes. I too order from BCN, as I live in Iowa, but Bittercreek South would be closer to you in Florida...

I find that the liquid dyes and Reddiglo (both from BCN and BCS) chips work great in J-50. I would recommend any of the FO's from Bittercreek, or from Peaks, at 1 oz. per/lb. of wax.

I got some J50, made one with 9% Home for the Holidays adding 1/4 tsp per lb vybar 260 and 1 oz per lb Crisco, and it had an awesome hot throw! Unfortunately, it costs ab $1.50 per lb plus shipping, where MC soy is $1.00 per lb with shipping in. So I'm torn between great throw or smaller cost.

I got some J50, made one with 9% Home for the Holidays adding 1/4 tsp per lb vybar 260 and 1 oz per lb Crisco, and it had an awesome hot throw! Unfortunately, it costs ab $1.50 per lb plus shipping, where MC soy is $1.00 per lb with shipping in. So I'm torn between great throw or smaller cost.

Do you have to use vybar with this wax? I thought it was pre-blended. What is the Crisco for? I'm new, but that just sounds strange:confused:

Do you have to use vybar with this wax? I thought it was pre-blended. What is the Crisco for? I'm new, but that just sounds strange:confused:

I agree too. I don't use any additives, because this is a preblended wax. I get a great throw and a great burn. I'm not sure why you would want to complicate things, to be honest.

I agree too. I don't use any additives, because this is a preblended wax. I get a great throw and a great burn. I'm not sure why you would want to complicate things, to be honest.

I complicate things sometimes too :). I use a pinch of vybar and some Crisco in my J50 containers also. I don't always do it, but I do if I think about it. It, for ME, helps increase scent throw and allows me to get more FO into the wax. Obviously, too much vybar causes the scent to bind, but 1/4 teaspoon pp doesn't hurt, and often helps.

I can't remember all the exact reasons for doing it, but J50 is a preblend and it doesn't have to have any additives. I'm just one of those people that absolutely must add things to my wax, just for the fun of it.

DanaE

I found that recommendation on Nature's Garden website for the wax they call MP125, which they confessed is J50. They indicated that it would help the hot throw. Haven't tried it without it yet, but I got pretty good results with it just like that.

• 3 weeks later...