My first soap!!!

Vio

I'd like to thank everyone who was so helpful. The forum as well, which gave me tons of information to learn from. :)

This was Eugenia's shoe box soap class recipe. :)

I couldn't wait to open it up and look. Then they felt cool and looked hard so I went ahead and cut them. I put them on my tongue and no zap happened. When I got a chip on the stove and washed it and my tape knife after I cut them, I saw definate bubbling. I'm simply amazed at this process. Really amazing and I know I'm now hooked.

My top is kind of funky because I had excess colored left in my squeeze bottle and just did a two times over the top. I didn't want to waste. I didn't know I could sink the tip, but will do that next time if I run into that again.

All in all, I don't think they look bad at all! I used Eugenia's shoe box beginner recipe and the swirl method from the forum sticky. I should have done round swirls as well to mix it up a bit more because it was in the higher trace when I swirled. I think if I did that, it would have come out cool looking. Next time! The tops are cool with the texture. I love the way the tops are uneven and textured looking! Now I know what trace makes that so if I do loaf, I might have some success with textured tops!

Here we go!!! :)

I'd like to introduce you all to Vio's first soap!!! :)

White Tea from Natural Artisan and color is parsley and cocoa powder. :)

Smells really good. :)

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

I've learned a ton just by actually doing it. I wasn't scared but had a lot of respect for the process and didn't fool around when it came to the lye. I wanted it quiet and calm so it was best to do it middle of the night. Today had a hard time waking up. I couldn't fall asleep till after 3 am, I was so worked up and excited. LOL Slept in till like noon. What a night last night was. So much fun! Thanks again for all the tips and help and kind words of encouragement!!! :bliss:

Next will be a castile. :)

Tonight maybe if I can't stop myself. This is addicting. ;)

Thank you everyone and I will put paper towels under them thank you CareBear! :)

I'm proud of them. I guess they could look worse huh? LOL

It's funny but if they were scented chocolate cheesecake, they're be perfect!!! LOL :laugh2:

I did test for zap and none!!! Not even a little tingle. Nothing but the taste of soap so I guess I mixed properly! :yay:

My husband had to go to Home Depot so I tagged along and he just bought me this beautiful metal front, lockable two door, tall Husky ventilated cabinet. The thing is taller than me! He's sick of my candle and soap stuff all over the kitchen table I guess. He didn't mind tossing the 150 bucks at the cashier one bit!! I almost said I don't need it and he told me to please, let's get it so we can get the stuff off the table. :laugh2:

Oh yeah. I have the candle and soap bug bad. I guess it could be worse? I'd rather have a soap and candle addiction than some other addictions out there. :)

I had to add the picture I took of my little ones. Momma pride thing and all. Daughter is 7 and son is 5. :)

Boy does that White Tea smell nice in soap. :)

Oh it's REALLY important to get in the habit of putting your stuff away as you finish with it. I wish *I* had gotten in that habit - I miss feeding my kids at the dining room table... actually I miss the dining room table, as I haven't seen it in ages.

And you can put your lye on the top shelf. Keep it locked.

Congrats, Vio, you did it!! :yay: I bet you already have plans for the next 5 batches running through your head. Ah, always great to see another one getting hooked. You know that once you've stepped over the soapy threshhold, there's no going back, right? :laugh2:

My kitchen table which can seat 8 people, is totally covered now. Things in bags even, hanging off the chairs. I had to get a cabinet for this stuff. I'm upset it's going to be in the basement but it's for the best anyway. It's cool and darker down there so it's good for the fo. LOL Have to take care of the fo. ;):laugh2:

Thank you all for the congrats! Yes I'm a gone-er. I've stepped over the soapy threshhold and there's no going back for sure!!!

*planning my next soaps* :yay::bliss:

I put 3 sheets of paper towel under the soaps to ward off the dos fairies. :)

This white tea is so nice smelling. I can smell this soap from really far away. It's filling the room. Light and nice scent. :)

Thank you everyone! :)

I'm really proud of them now I have to admit! LOL :)

And, I owe it all to you wonderful people here for being there with all the great information tucked away here, and your most generous way of helping when someone is struggling with their homework! I thank the members and owners of CandleTech/CraftServer for helping me find these new fun things to do with my time and actually do them instead of just wishing I could!!! :yay:

My hat is forever off to you all. Thank you!!!! :yay: :highfive:

"My kitchen table which can seat 8 people, is totally covered now. Things in bags even, hanging off the chairs."

OMG, Vio, you just described MY table (and chairs) complete with bags hanging. Kinda annoys me a little when people are coming over and I have to clean it off, cuz that's when I inevitably lose something. :laugh2:

Again, congrats on your first soap!