Wax smears on cello bags...does it matter to them?

number2of7

There's obviously no way to avoid the wax smears on the inside of the cello bags that you package tarts in unless you individually wrap them before putting them inside, so I was wondering.....

Do your customers even notice or is this just something that bothers us?

Just curious if anyone has had a customer comment or complain about it...

I do not like the smears so I shrink wrap mine and then box or bag them for shows or sitting in my shop. I know it is a little extra work but they look a 100 times better. Now for orders I do not bother mainly because it takes a bit for the smears to be a problem.

My folks were so used to my individual tarts they were kinda put off by the clam shells when I tried them briefly, and honestly, I could SMELL the plastic after I poured them, never knew if it was me and my nose or what, but they just didn't fly for me...

When I poured straight par tarts, they didn't smear at all in the cello bags, it was great, those suckers were strong and held up nicely! But I am using KY's 50/50 blend now, and you're right, you do have to be much more carefull handling them once they're bagged...:sad2: The upside is no re-pour!!!