Flower Child (Hey TKB buyers)

Scented

This is a combination of all the neons from TKB, so for those interested in Donna's TKB coop they're all in here: yellow, orange, pink, red, green, blue and purple ... did I miss any?

This is Flower Child from NG. Since there are no notes on this I wasn't sure how it would react, so I only discounted water slightly. Used at 1 oz ppo and frankly, I think it smells like sandalwood rose, which ticks me off ... I want the patch smell in there and just couldn't get a whiff of it. Also thinking anything not colored is going to discolor, but the good news? It doesn't accelerate. Plenty of time to play. With all those colors it's a good thing. Now we'll see if it holds on through the cure, but this is barely 15 hours old.

[ATTACH]14663[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458442053_thumb.jpg

Holy crappola, I'm tripping the light fantastic! :shocked2:

Great display of how TKB's mica's work in CP. I saw some posts in that Co-Op thread but left it alone. This supplier sells high pH micas, which are perfectly suited for this application. I think the issue is that soapers are throwing low pH micas [Coastal Scents] that were designed for mineral make-up and lipstick into this harsh environment. Thus, the poor quality results. The lye is eating the color or changing it.

I've yet to have any color in over the 50 I have from TKB go funky. I think high olive oil content has a lot to do with color changes. Just my two cents.

Oh that looks totally far out, Julie!!! I had to run and double check that all 7 colors were on my "to buy" list. (they were!) Can't wait to see them cut.....I'm wondering if they fade any/much.

MA...thank you so much for the description on the morphing of micas in high PH. I've never used micas or oxides before, so I honestly didn't know. I was afraid of a few micas on their site...but I might just get some more to try now! Cuz you know, me likey shimmeries! :laugh2:

Donna

Holy crappola, I'm tripping the light fantastic! :shocked2:

Great display of how TKB's mica's work in CP. I saw some posts in that Co-Op thread but left it alone. This supplier sells high pH micas, which are perfectly suited for this application. I think the issue is that soapers are throwing low pH micas [Coastal Scents] that were designed for mineral make-up and lipstick into this harsh environment. Thus, the poor quality results. The lye is eating the color or changing it.

I've yet to have any color in over the 50 I have from TKB go funky. I think high olive oil content has a lot to do with color changes. Just my two cents.

Egads! I have quite a bit of Olive in there, but not more than 25%. Will have to see how this does. It was just starting to heat up for gel, so I'm leaving it alone. Amazingly, I did some white in there so I may have lost one of the colors, but my lighting sucks in this room.