Flower Child (Hey TKB buyers)

Scented

Holy crappola, I'm tripping the light fantastic! :shocked2:

Great display of how TKB's mica's work in CP. I saw some posts in that Co-Op thread but left it alone. This supplier sells high pH micas, which are perfectly suited for this application. I think the issue is that soapers are throwing low pH micas [Coastal Scents] that were designed for mineral make-up and lipstick into this harsh environment. Thus, the poor quality results. The lye is eating the color or changing it.

I've yet to have any color in over the 50 I have from TKB go funky. I think high olive oil content has a lot to do with color changes. Just my two cents.

But ya didn't did ya? Ya brought over here. Go back and read the whole thread before trying to stir up trouble, as you are known to do with me.

Some of the micas are safe for high ph. And NO not ALL of tbk's micas work in cp soap. If you use mica's in cp make sure you find out if it's safe for cp soaping. Just as any other ingredient, you have to research it. Make sure the supplier says it won't morph in cp soap. Some suppliers post the info right with their colors, other suppliers you might have to dig around their site a little bit to find out. I've read many threads about people being disappointed or not realizing that the micas change color or just turn out very ugly when used for cp soaping. Actually there is a specific ingredient that's in many of the micas that cause them morph. It's some sort of chemical reaction it has.

Scented the soaps look very colorful and I'm glad your having good luck with the colors from tkb. Were those the pop colors some of you were talking about in that co-op thread?

ETA: I just read that they are the neons. Nice job!