First impressions of 444 and 464 - WOW!

Hi:

Well, I received my 444 and 464 and have been testing it all weekend :cheesy2:

Every test had 100% glass adhesion, smooth and creamy tops and no frosting and no wet-spots! :yay:

There is no center indentation like with C3 and there is no circular crack in the center, like C3. There is, however, an extremely thin top crack is only on 2 sides, for some reason, and is only noticeable when you are really looking for it. It looks like someone left a very thin strand of hair, but only on 2 sides..:confused:

Still working with to get rid of the 2 side hairline cracks...

So far, I LOVE this wax!!

Let us know how they all compare with hot and cold throw as well. How many different waxes are you testing all together now? Have you tried to use fo with any of them yet and wick them? :)

You got wet spots with C-3? With no fo added?

I really liked the 464 when I tested it. It was a EASY wax to work with. Now since we are back in OR i am really looking at the Swans accu-soy wax. I am going to test it soon.

DH is a trucker and he gets to Seattle on a reg basis so NO SHIPPING charges for me!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

tootie

Hi:

Well, I received my 444 and 464 and have been testing it all weekend :cheesy2:

Every test had 100% glass adhesion, smooth and creamy tops and no frosting and no wet-spots! :yay:

I just received my samples of 444 and 464. I've been testing the 464 all weekend. I like that I can pour it hotter and get such nice tops. I had too many wicking issues with the 415 so I decided to switch to a different wax.

So far the 464 has been much easier to wick than the 415. :yay:

Hi,

How high are you heating it too?

At what temp do you put your color in? Scent in?

:cheesy2:

Hello,

I've been heating the 464 to 175/180, then add scent at 175, (no color), stir, stir, stir, then pour at around 140. I made some tarts with the 464 and raspberry truffle at 6%, cured for 24 hours, placed them in my warmer and they threw like crazy...super strong! So far the CT and HT has been amazing. I also have a 5oz candle curing, it's wicked with a CD16...keeping my fingers crossed.

• 6 months later...

I have been using 415 and love the way it looks. I use CO and a bit of eco PB tart wax in it. All my candles come out with smooth tops, no frosting,and no cracking. They all have great glass adhesion, no wet spots. They have an awesome cold throw and the hot throw is fine but I'm thinking it could be better. I was using eco 135 it worked but wasn't giving me the hot throw I was looking for. I used the cba and that looked beautiful but no scent throw at all. Now I just ordered some 464 and I'm going to try to see if I can get a better hot scent throw. I did just try a sample of homegrown 100% soy wax and it wax terrible. A lot of frosting and the sweating was that bad it covered the whole top of the candle. If someone using the 464 can give me any advice it would be appreciated. Do you think it will give a better scent throw that the 415?