Source for rectangular glass containers?

candlemaker74

Hey Candle... Just a heads up on the search (and you may have already tried it and discovered the same thing and that is why you were asking). I am having major issues with the search. I don't know if it is across the board or if it is just my browser. For example I was looking for GL 70/30 posts. When using the search, it says there are no posts at all containing gl 70/30 or just plain ole 70/30, both "in titles" and "in entire posts." Of course I know there are many out there. Also, I just ran a search on rectangle jars and it brings up over 200 posts, but when I tried to narrow that down by looking only in the titles, it still brought up the same 200+ posts. When I started looking in those 200+ posts, all had "jar" in there somewhere, but most did not have the word rectangle anywhere in the post. Again, it could just be me and my browser, but I wanted to let you know if you are having search issues, you are not the only one.

how to do a search, with pictures!

Click on the yellow highlighted search button... insert desired search words... click 'go'.

Then come back here, tell us what you found... and THEN ask for help...

Please do not respond to any of my post from now on...

As several people have already told you on this board, you are extremely rude...

If posts annoy you, don't bother to take the time to respond to them...

Thanks!

:yay:

As several people have already told you on this board, you are extremely rude...

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it's a public board, and you don't get to tell me not to post. I will, however, give up on you... and let you do your thing. Best of luck, and get some insurance...

Thanks!

Seems to me you just don't want to listen to good advice.

:confused:

Karen B

Thanks!

You know, I think your post is rude. I saw nothing but her trying to be helpful. Granted, searching on here has become better than what it was four years ago etc., but a lot of people struggle with the search feature.

It's posts like this which I find to be rude.

Because of her post, there seems to be an issue with searching on here, perhaps from the switch over, explained by VE in the post that followed Ts. Besides that point, I'm going to ask that you and subsequent posters display a little more restraint in jumping to conclusions.

In addition, I'll tell you that there is a quick link search feature available at the end of posts and if you scroll down you can see them and that may broaden any of your searches or help you find additional answers.

In addition, I'll tell you that there is a quick link search feature available at the end of posts and if you scroll down you can see them and that may broaden any of your searches or help you find additional answers.

I do wish that the new forum had the same searching abilities as the old one... it's unfortunate that it isn't quite as easy to search now... the other unfortunate thing is that in order to see the listing at the bottom, one has to post first... sad, but true :tongue2: . If you keep at it and sift through the posts that weren't what you were looking for, you should be able to eventually find what you want!

-Kristi

ETA- I challenge some of you "oldies but goodies" to try to search for some of this stuff the way you're recommending... I just tried and was surprised at the results. I searched using google's site search (indexes the entire page without highlighting the results- great fun and liable to make you blind and no real answers show anyway). Then I tried the good old fashioned "search" button- tried "rectangle jars" and sure enough, only the words seperately showed. Rectangle soap molds and hex jars aplenty, but no rectangular jars. Tried "rectangle+jars" and got the same results. So just a word of warning before you jump on someone for not searching- beware of the poorly functioning search function!!!

I've been around the block for a while now, and things are very hard for *me* to find now...

I know that if I'm wanting to find something, my first step would be to go to some suppliers sites and just start searching, I especially like to start with suppliers that are closer to me. I've spent many a day going blind scouring site after site after site looking for an item.

There is at the top of relative pages on this board, lists of suppliers. That's where people should start if they are looking for an item.

I just think it's ridiculous that people come here and say, "Can you do this for me? Can you find this for me? What do I use for this? Etc.

Mind you, if someone uses that same exact jar or whatever the item may be, then yes, of course I would hope they would post where they get them, and I am more than happy when someone asks about something I know, but then the poster may come back and say (and I've seen this before many times) something about that supplier being too far away from them, or that not being EXACTLY what they were looking for, etc. :rolleyes: That's really irritating.

How the heck are we supposed to know how, when, why, where?

The thing is, I think some of us just get tired of others asking about not just one thing, or two things, but everything, without even having to try and look on their own.

Oh and Candlemaker74, there is an "ignore" feature, or there used to be at least, where you can ignore any member on this board-you just will never see a post by any member you choose to ignore. Be careful though, if you do this for too many people, when you're reading, posts may not make sense to you b/c of so many missing replies/posts. LOL

how to do a search, with pictures!

Click on the yellow highlighted search button... insert desired search words... click 'go'.

Then come back here, tell us what you found... and THEN ask for help...

Ok, I am sorry, but I dont see how anyone can say this reply was NOT rude.....

I asked if anyone knew of a supplier for rectangular containers because I had looked all over the net, and on here, and couldn't find anything really....

So, then I get a reply that says "do a search and THEN ask us for help."

Sorry, but thats rude.....

IMO :P

Guest Candelishis
Ok, I am sorry, but I dont see how anyone can say this reply was NOT rude.....

I asked if anyone knew of a supplier for rectangular containers because I had looked all over the net, and on here, and couldn't find anything really....

So, then I get a reply that says "do a search and THEN ask us for help."

Sorry, but thats rude.....

IMO :P

Google...it is your friend...I just found 6 places that carry the anchor hocking rectangle jars, 8oz OR 16 oz. In about 45 seconds. If my computer can do it, so can yours. I think that's what Tereasa was getting at.

Google...it is your friend...I just found 6 places that carry the anchor hocking rectangle jars, 8oz OR 16 oz. In about 45 seconds. If my computer can do it, so can yours. I think that's what Tereasa was getting at.

Ok, well, care to share, because I could not find anyone that carried both the 8 and 16 ounce....

And the anchor hocking catalog doesn't show the rectangular jars... :sad2:

:tiptoe:

Ok, well, care to share, because I could not find anyone that carried both the 8 and 16 ounce....

And the anchor hocking catalog doesn't show the rectangular jars... :sad2:

:tiptoe:

Do you get a paycheck? Would you mind sharing that with us? Google only works one way last I remembered...you put your keywords in and search. It may take TIME (which time is money) to find what you are looking for....but the info is out there.

There is a wealth of info here on the boards...but sometimes...just sometimes people cant be spoon fed.

http://www.wixnwax.com/products/candle-supplies/candle-jars/1300

12oz & 20oz

http://www.tayloredconcepts.com/apothecary%20glassware.htm

States small jar only..does not list oz's

http://www.freundcontainer.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_7068ZQ_A_ss_E_

8 & 16oz

http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/store_supplies.cfm?cat=2⊂=14&startrec=17

8 & 16oz

I found most of these links from a search on this board, but I only put rectangle for the search. Hope this helps!

I must be google impaired because I did not get anything useful?????

http://www.wixnwax.com/products/candle-supplies/candle-jars/1300

12oz & 20oz

http://www.tayloredconcepts.com/apothecary%20glassware.htm

States small jar only..does not list oz's

http://www.freundcontainer.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_7068ZQ_A_ss_E_

8 & 16oz

http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/store_supplies.cfm?cat=2⊂=14&startrec=17

8 & 16oz

I found most of these links from a search on this board, but I only put rectangle for the search. Hope this helps!

I must be google impaired because I did not get anything useful?????

Thank you very much!!!

Yes, I was not getting anything from google either..... Searched for hours...

Glad there are still some nice, helpful, non-bitter people left!

Its actually amazing how many emails I have gotten from nice people on here disgusted by the "aggressive ladies" as one put it...