Studio Jars

Kim (kdkolpin) this is all your fault. :tongue2: I read your post about the Madison jars and I saw the studio jars and now I am doing this :drool:

I am miffed about the search function...I did a search and could not find much at all. I would thing there would be more??? Anyway, how crazy am I to think about testing this jar...with 100% soy.

4_P_761_Main.jpg

I read where the opening at the top is 2 1/4 in and the bottom is 3 1/2 (or something like that...maybe it is 2 1/2 and 3 1/4). I have to wondering if drowning is just too much of an issue with this jar because of the smaller opening, but again, my tallest apoth jars are even taller and then have the narrow neck.

Anyone tried? Succeeded? Failed?

I happen to love that jar. But I would never use it for 100% soy you will never get it wicked. It to small of an opening to double wick.

I use a parasoy blend that works nicely but I have 4 FO that I will never be able to use any more because of not being able to find a wick large enough to give me a good melt pool.

I don't have the dancing problem but I make the chimney effect work for me in this jar.

Maybe I should pull out the jars & try again. I tried them with 6006 and with 223/soy. Mine may be different, they are made by Libbey and are called Vibe jars. Got them from Riekes. I did burn them all the way down and got dancing wick and a little soot around top. Maybe overwicked. Carole

• 4 weeks later...

The Vibe jars are very similar in shape, but the studio jars are made by Anchor Hocking, like Vicki said. I have the big ones, and I just love them. I use 100% soy C3, square braid wicking, 1oz/lb FO, and color chips. I get differences in burn depending on the FO, but other than that, they work great. They are more expensive than other jars though too. Cierra Candles carries them (or used to anyway...have to check).

i just began using this jar! i love them as do my customers! i use 100% soy...they burn beautifully!! got my wicking right on the first try!! i was shocked by that!!

So what wicks did you use? Just curious..I haven't used these jars yet and would like a starting point.These are the Anchor Hocking Studio Jars,right?

TIA...Kimmeroo:smiley2:

A friend of mine has been using this jar for over a year now. At first he poured CB135. He is now pouring GGLow and double wicking them with CD's. I am going over there tomorrow afternoon to pick up a couple of cases and wicks so I can test.

I too love this jar. My friend also orders these direct from Anchor.

• 3 months later...

I just picked up these Vibe jars and was doing a search for any wicking info on here.

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=G510

I just got the little ones for now...didnt realize just how little they would be lol, but they will come in useful for something. They are very light, but the lids are a lot heavier. I also got a sample of the Whisper one as well.

Since this is an older thread, I wondered if anyone had luck wicking any of the different sizes in these jars with 464.

The jars are very cute.

Kathy

I just picked up these Vibe jars and was doing a search for any wicking info on here.

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=G510

I just got the little ones for now...didnt realize just how little they would be lol, but they will come in useful for something. They are very light, but the lids are a lot heavier. I also got a sample of the Whisper one as well.

Since this is an older thread, I wondered if anyone had luck wicking any of the different sizes in these jars with 464.

The jars are very cute.

Kathy

Yeah they don't look little in the picture, but I guess you gotta read everything to make sure you know what you're getting these days. :P

I happen to love that jar. But I would never use it for 100% soy you will never get it wicked. It to small of an opening to double wick.

I use a parasoy blend that works nicely but I have 4 FO that I will never be able to use any more because of not being able to find a wick large enough to give me a good melt pool.

I don't have the dancing problem but I make the chimney effect work for me in this jar.

Vicky, I have a couple of these jars...and I use a 70/30 parasoy blend. If you don't mind sharing, what type of wicks have you found successful? I understand if you don't want to tell though :D