2008 Tennessee Soap & Candle Social

Birdie

• 1 month later...

I'm here to really whet your appetites :drool: and tempt you all again to come join us in May! :D We have added to the Sponsors list and it gets better all the time.

2008 Tennessee Soap & Candle Social

If you have any questions, just submit them from the site and we'll get back with you pronto.

G.G., we could stand a cardboard cut-out in the corner and maybe you could get away LOL

SatinDucky, let me introduce myself - I'm Birdie. Now you know someone, so come on! ;)

Marisa, girl! 9 hours is nuttin' and Kimberly, just bring Momma!Yall could drive down 75, meet cozyaroma, & ride up with her.:cool2:

Now no one has an excuse not to come. Heeheehee

On a serious note, I do hope yall will consider coming. It's gonna be a blast! And we won't make ya milk that goat:neener:

Boy, we would like to come but it is close to 11 hours for us. I would like to milk a goat. Used to have some but our girl was cantankerous and I never tried to milk her. Now I have llamas-even more cantankerous than goats.

Glo

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm... wonder if I could pull off 36 hrs without sleep and make it through this...LOL. Guess I need to google where Franklin is..

Never been to one but I sure would like to. Wonder if the girl from work will be back from maternity leave by then. If not, I'm definitely out. Boss wont let me off :undecided

Now, here's the topic to bring on my first post! (Hi, everybody!)

I'm very interested in attending (I'm in East TN). I'll have to check my calendar.

For all of you out-of-state, Franklin is just south of Nashville, and there is a major airport nearby. Just about every airline flies in and out of there.

okay , I finally found this on the map and I think it's about 2.5 hours away! That's great, but I'm needing someone to go with me and I don't really know what persuasion to use. To all of you that's been to soap and candle socials: What do you benefit from going and do you learn anything or is it just for fun?

Good question, lenabug--I'm looking forward to seeing the answers, also. I'm definitely planning to drag my daughter along with me.

I can't believe I just found this post--I check this website at least a few times a week and only found this Friday night--I was "baby-sitting" my 34-yo daughter who'd had her wisdom teeth surgically removed that day and I was so excited that I ran to tell her in her drugged-up state. She asked me the next day what I had told her about going somewhere for something about candles!

I'm just glad I found this before the registration date had passed. Even though I don't know what to expect, I'm just happy to get the opportunity to talk with other addicts!

Jane

P.S. Grumpy, someone at work heard me talking about this and said she'd like to see me milking a goat--we decided it might be worth doing for a chance at Funniest Home Video!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys--I've been corresponding with Barbara AL for a few years and haven't met her "in real life" yet, and it will be great to put faces with all the other names I've been getting advice from on here! I registered yesterday also.

DiamondK, I would suggest we ride together but I coerced my daughter into going with me, with the bribery of a Nashville shopping trip--I think we'll probably stay overnight but not sure if we'll go Friday or stay Saturday night. My preference would be to spend the day (and night) Friday, but she has more trouble getting off from work than I do, so we'll do whichever works better for her.

Jane