C3 wicks...?

I am using the ECO's. They are working out just fine. The only wick I have tried. Ordered C3 from CS and that was their recommendation. Talked with a rep from Nature Wax - Cargill, though and he said htp. I have not tried them since I am satisfied with ECO.

If I had not started with the ECO I would have used the CD or CDN like Stella but since I started with ECO I am staying. I am not one for testing a bunch of different wicks or waxes for that matter. Normally pick one and stick with it. :cheesy2:

I tried the HTP's too and didn't have much luck. I've been using the LX for about 3 years now and they work great for me. You'll have to experiment to see what works best because what works for one may not work for someone else. It's all trial and error.

Well I'm far from really knowing what's really working for me, but I was told by my supplier to start with a 760. A few people here suggested that I start with the 770. I am working with 770's and 775's now and testing. Long way off from knowing what's really working like I said, but so far, they haven't been any worse than the htp or cd I tried in the same.

The only thing I'm finding a little annoying about these wicks, is the sizes they seem to not make. The 700 series has sizes like 760, 765, 767. Well I don't know why they don't make like a 763 size. Or a 773 size.

I was not happy with HTP in C-3. Streaky sooting and crunchy wicks... ick.

-Kristi

I've tried many wicks with C3 and no matter what size I used there was soot in the wax after a few burns. I realized that this wax is not for me. I tested many waxes with CD's and worked very well, so I'm sticking with them.

• 2 months later...
I've tried many wicks with C3 and no matter what size I used there was soot in the wax after a few burns. I realized that this wax is not for me.

I have seen this problem only once or twice with certain specific FOs, and then only when I powerburned the candle. I do not have this problem in general with C3 and CDNs.

Hi Candlemaker,

I use the c-3 and htp wicks and don't have any sooting. I use the keepsake 24oz jar, flower pot votive, 8oz square mason jar, little jelley jar, 20Oz square mason jar, and 32oz mason jars and do perfectly well with them. The only little quirk is they curl a little but I've learned to deal with it.......And I use 1 wick for all these jars....

I tried the premier in the votives once b/4 and they worked well....

Trappeur

Guest LightofDawn

I use the Ultra Core wicks in my C3. I have tried several others and I have to say these are my favorite. The wicks burn straight (don't curl) which melts the wax almost perfectly even. So far in the scents I have tested, none of them discolored.