Ok Does Anyone Know For Sure...?

Kelly

Do you mean regular candle fos? I don't think that a chemical substance could be called vegan (well, there is no animal material in it, but no natural material either, maybe sometimes a hint of eo, if I'm right). Why should it, btw - it wouldn't be eaten, right?

But FO's are synthetic fragrances.

Mainly I ask because I see a lot of competitors selling candles and B&B with fragrance oil in them (not EO) as vegan.

ubure - I think that there can be animal material in synthetic fragrances. However, I cannot quote where I read that because I can no longer find the website.

Yes they are considered VEGAN. I just know this because both my sister and brother are vegans. The only thing is it isnt all natural, or organic. As long as their are no animal products....milk, beeswax, honey, anything to do with animals....which includes silk since I know that is a major question as well it is considered VEGAN.

vegan as in free of animal products and by-products - yea

but "all natural" and like nonsense ;) - nope

ETA: animal products have been almost 100% excluded from the library of fragrance chemicals that the chemists work with to create FOs. Naturally sourced chemicals are expensive...

One thing I've learned recently is that 'Vegan' does not only describe how a person eats. A true Vegan, for example, will not wear real leather shoes or use products that have been tested on animals,(which most of us TRY not to do anyways)-But it goes way deeper than just what they eat.

( I guess petroleum comes from fossil fuels...aka really old dead animals.... so they won't use it- I'm guessing. Must be hard to be a vegan and get around if you dont' have a hybrid vehicle)

I've been trying to spend a GC on Amazon and decided to look for some boots... it threw me off for a second when I seen 'Vegan Boots'. Lol, that just means they are fake leather, all man made materials. They just turn it into a marketing tactic. Although some manufacturers really do EVERYTHING in the Vegan way- that I can respect.

I don't know if there is a way to KNOW exactly if FO's in general are or not. And each FO is made up of so many different components that is different than another FO on your shelf right next to it. Your only hope might be to directly contact the company for specs per FO, and hope they aren't too secreative or unknowledgable about it. BUT I'm sure, SOMEWHERE there is a seller/chandler who is also Vegan, who has done this research already. Your best bet might be to seek them out for help.

Good luck finding the info you need.