CSN Wicks

I use the csn wick only in palm wax. That is the only wax I use it in. That is the wick that Candlescience recommended for their palm. I have very good results with it. Jakalex can maybe jump in here with her opinion, I think that is what she also uses. She makes a lot of palm candles. hth

Wow! My apologies! I don't understand WHY the search function isn't picking up the CSN keyword :confused: I tried and tried with different parameters and it ignores the CSN... Doesn't work for CDN either... :confused:

Lots of palm wax users really like these wicks. I'm sure others will post their experiences. :D

Wow! My apologies! I don't understand WHY the search function isn't picking up the CSN keyword :confused: I tried and tried with different parameters and it ignores the CSN... Doesn't work for CDN either... :confused:

Try "CDN wicks" or "CSN wicks"...that search criteria works!

I have noticed this about the search feature also. When you try one word you get nothing??????

Anywho, I prefer the CSN wicks for several reasons.

1. They were designed to burn in the palm wax.

2. The flame does not get as high as other wicks I have tested.... I have tested the RRD's.

Note: If you notice with the palm, the wicks do not get clogged like with soy. This could have something to do with the higher flames if not wicked properly. JMO

I do not have problem with my flame height.... I have just seen others posting about being concerned with their testing.

3. Once I find the correct wick for my container, pillar, etc. I get a wonderful burn and scent throw.

I also have been testing the csn's and love them along with my cd's! I have been curious how the csn's burned in soy and so far I like them ok but like the cd's better for soy.I have been playing with palm wax and csn's are great for those,but have noticed I have to trim the wicks every hour or so trimming just the top.yes..they are great!

Kimmeroo

I use and like the CSN wicks. I'm new (about 7 batches now) but was quite surprised how well my very first batch turned out and burn times. I use CSN 7 or 9 for my votives, CSN 12 for 2-1/2-3" round or square. The are a cotton flat braid and pretty much self trimming, nice flame and curl.

I'm not sure how many have had these problems but I contacted CS because 1 out of every 3 of the CSN wicks were pulling out of the tab (very easily) and I also didn't feel they were coated enough. CS said they feel the quality is not up to their standards and are working with their supplier to fix the problems. I found this mostly with CSN 7's as those were the ones I used the most. You might want to email them to see if the issues have been resolved before you buy a bunch.

I'm not sure how many have had these problems but I contacted CS because 1 out of every 3 of the CSN wicks were pulling out of the tab (very easily) and I also didn't feel they were coated enough. CS said they feel the quality is not up to their standards and are working with their supplier to fix the problems. I found this mostly with CSN 7's as those were the ones I used the most. You might want to email them to see if the issues have been resolved before you buy a bunch.

I was suprised to read this since I have never had this problem.

I contacted CS this morning about this issue with the CSN wicks and it has been handled and will no longer be a problem! So order away! LOL!:grin2:

Thanks everyone for the input! I've been happy with the RRDs, but why not mix it up a bit, huh! It'll satisfy my curiosity to compare. I've never ordered from CS before, and will give them a try. Thanks for checking on the quality issue. And I think I'll throw in some Lovespell with my order for Valentines Day...

Thanks everyone for the input! I've been happy with the RRDs, but why not mix it up a bit, huh! It'll satisfy my curiosity to compare. I've never ordered from CS before, and will give them a try. Thanks for checking on the quality issue. And I think I'll throw in some Lovespell with my order for Valentines Day...

If you just want to try a sample of a FO put the scent in the notes section when you check out and they will send you a freebie of one.

Gotta love CS :yay: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shari

I've used their Love Spell and really like it. My daughter said it was good but not close enough to the real Love Spell (her signature scent) to her liking.