Internet sites that sell canned or powdered Goat's Milk.

Fire and Ice

I have spent over a week looking in all of my grocery stores as well as Super WalMart of Goat's Milk. My friend who has goats, says he's not breeding any of his doe goats until May of this year. That leaves me with no goats milk for months. I need to lean how to soap with it some day but I want to buy it now so that I can have on hand.

Where is there a site that sells either canned condensed or powdered goats milk.

Thank you all,

Fire

I can get canned condensed at my Walmart for $2.38 a can. (Or was it $2.83? Anyway, under $3) I'd be happy to get some and ship it to you. PM me if you want to work something out! (I'm going shopping Wednesday!)

The Soap Dish (not the forum, the website) has goat's milk powder too.

Donna

Amazon has evaporated cans at 12 a case for $36.72 and shipping is included.

http://www.amazon.com/Meyenberg-Evaporated-Goat-Milk-12-Ounce/dp/B000EY5COG/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1199762607&sr=8-2

Hey fire, what part of Ohio are you in? I am in Cleveland and just ran out of lye. Looking for a local source, do you know of any? Also, do you know of any bulk soap making oil companies besides WSP?

Though we have a Super Walmart here, they don't seem to carry it. I looked in baking area with the evaporated canned milk and didn't find it and then I looked in the special milk section and it wasn't there either. We don't have a Safeway store. We have Giant Eagles and Beauhler's.

Fire

I can get canned condensed at my Walmart for $2.38 a can. (Or was it $2.83? Anyway, under $3) I'd be happy to get some and ship it to you. PM me if you want to work something out! (I'm going shopping Wednesday!)

The Soap Dish (not the forum, the website) has goat's milk powder too.

Donna

Thank You for the offer. I'm going to be looking and one or two more places yet and then I' ll let you know. I just can't believe I can't find this locally. I live in a rual area with two large towns with the limits. I may go to Sugarcreek(Amish country to find in though. I just want some sites in case the fresh falls through. Many people are getting rid of animal that don't produce on the farms due to the econemy. Though I could keep a nanny. I no longer have my pasture fenced and we have Coyotes in the area

Fire

Amazon has evaporated cans at 12 a case for $36.72 and shipping is included.

http://www.amazon.com/Meyenberg-Evaporated-Goat-Milk-12-Ounce/dp/B000EY5COG/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1199762607&sr=8-2

Hey fire, what part of Ohio are you in? I am in Cleveland and just ran out of lye. Looking for a local source, do you know of any? Also, do you know of any bulk soap making oil companies besides WSP?

I live outside Zoar, just outside Somerdale. I live close to both Dove and New Philadephia, Ohio.25 miles south of Canton.

I was born and raised in Cleveland in Shaker Hts. I lived there until I was twenty-one.

I haven't checked out bulk Lye yet but I know you can get it at Lowes in the plumbing section.

I am 1-1/2 house from Columbus Foods and Soaper Choice but I've never driven down there.

If you come down this way, look me up! I'll buy ya lunch!

Fire

Though we have a Super Walmart here, they don't seem to carry it. I looked in baking area with the evaporated canned milk and didn't find it and then I looked in the special milk section and it wasn't there either. We don't have a Safeway store. We have Giant Eagles and Beauhler's.

Fire

Not surprised. We have THREE Super Walmarts in my area. Only ONE carries canned goat's milk, and of course, it's the furthest from my house ;)

I live outside Zoar, just outside Somerdale. I live close to both Dove and New Philadephia, Ohio.25 miles south of Canton.

I was born and raised in Cleveland in Shaker Hts. I lived there until I was twenty-one.

I haven't checked out bulk Lye yet but I know you can get it at Lowes in the plumbing section.

I am 1-1/2 house from Columbus Foods and Soaper Choice but I've never driven down there.

If you come down this way, look me up! I'll buy ya lunch!

Fire

Oh, I wish I lived that close to Columbus Foods! I would drive down and buy a drum! Lucky Lucky!

Fresh is best. Fresh and freeze in cubes and you are good to go.

have you thought about just using cows milk? Buy whole milk from the grocery store or better yet a local farm? I raise goats and my business is all about Fresh GM soap, but I've done Cows milk in a pinch - I had about ten batches last year I had to make with Cows milk (labelled as such of course) I just called it milk soap and my other soaps were goat milk soaps. People still bought them up! It was still lovely soap (don't let anyone else know I told you that, LOL!)

Bethany

Well thanks to Amish Ragdoll, I went to my local Giant Eagle and was able to find a supply of canned Goat's Milk. I bought three cans. They were $ 4.39 each. Not a great price but at least I found some. I was looking in the wrong part of the store for it. I was looking in bakery supplies and the regular milk section and it was in Organic section.

Fire

Wish you all were here to share my bounty. Our local goat farmer brought me 3 ice cream buckets full of fresh goats milk today so I just poured them into plastic bags and froze them. I have much better luck with my soap staying light colored using the fresh goats milk than then canned milk.