Vanilla

DaniGirl

Ok so I have gone through every thread on the best vanilla's out there and I came so close to ordering a couple last night based on amazing reviews here.. only to look a little further and find there was an added this or that which I'm not interested in smelling in a vanilla. I know everyone has their own idea of vanilla and I have smelled so many from so many suppliers, but there are just too many and I would love some help finding a great pure vanilla or extract scent. Nothing added. I know there are amazing vanillas out there, but I already have the ones that have that certain something that makes them unique mouth watering scents. I would just like a TRUE vanilla scent. No more no less. No ice cream scents or buttery scents. I know it's been asked a lot before, but by the looks of it, nothing was really all that true and I'm hoping more testing has been done since on a couple that were only smelled oob at that point. Thanks for any help.

I posted about this a little while ago, and have been on a vanilla quest, along with lots of other folks, for a long time...as long as I've been doing this!!! lol!

I get very turned off by the artificial smell that you seem to get from a lot of them oob, and most of the time, to my nose, I STILL get that initial tinge of artificial with the cold throw of these...

Right now I am testing BCN's Vanilla Extract. I have had a sample sitting around for quite awhile, and remembered that I thought it was pretty darn good oob, so poured it last night in my 50/50. I will post my results...

Thank you so much everyone! Hopefully we can keep this thread alive as more people test new vanilla's. I see it's been a sought after fragrance for many here for a long time and hopefully we'll soon find the right one. I just ordered some mexican vanilla.. crossing my fingers.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I've been reading all I can on finding a true vanilla....I've seen posts where people love the Mexican Vanilla.....You know just reading that word "Mexican" in front of Vanilla I wouldn't think of trying it....To me Mexican is hot and spicy as their foods and I just don't relate to a vanilla going with Mexican....but what do I know?

So is this Mexican Vanilla a true vanilla extracty scent as what I'm looking for? I wanted something very strong..

Trappeur

Vanilla beans come from three places: Tahiti, Madagascar, and Mexico. That is why JBN's is called Mexican Vanilla. It is a good, strong, straight, vanilla bean FO.

See I told you in my post "but what do I know!"......Didn't know the vanilla beans grew there....

Now it makes sense....lol

Trappeur