Poll, I need your help please

Chickie1st

Keeping the 3 gram jars?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Keeping the 3 gram jars?

Ladies I need your help please.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep the little 3gr jars for my Mineral Makeup.

The reason I got these were just for people to get a test size to see if they liked the makeup first before getting a large size.

But for people that have never used Minerals, this really isn't the best size to learn with. You need the larger jar to be able to use the lid to swirl and tap in.

So I am at a loss here, I need some in-put please on these lil jars. I am nearly out of them and on the fence about ordering more.

Chickie -- I'd vote to keep them because they are a great size for trying out -- but maybe what you could do is sell one of the larger containers empty? Like a 2oz size? When I started with minerals I bought one large size and then multiple smaller testers and today I just blend the testers in the larger size container because it worked better.

Alternatively, you could just keep the small sizes in baggies maybe and include an empty larger size for the same purpose.....

(I think I just went both ways on my vote! :o )

ETA -- Chickie didn't the banner in your signature used to link to the website? I can't get it to work anymore ;-( I've been browsing - LOL! When my current supply runs out I think I'll be coming your way.

Okay, I agree with what you said Chickie and feel very strongly about it. It is NOT a good size to work your mineral make-up with. I had a few of those jars when I was testing some mineral make-up, and I ended up not using them because of the reason you already stated.......you can't get your brush in them. I for one do not like them. I'd rather put the powder on a piece of paper and swirl my brush in them instead of trying to get the large brush in that tiny opening and end up spilling part of it. In fact, I'd rather pay a bit extra for the jar with a large opening for testing samples. Just my 2 cents worth.

If you can still make up samples of foundations in small sizes and not use the sifter jars, then I don't see a reason why a sampler size would have to come in a sifter jar specifically. For eye shadows though, they are the perfect size. You really don't need a big sifter jar for eye shadows. Mineral foundation though, yes big size is best. I tap mine from sifter into lid and do my brush swirl and tap in the lid. I wouldn't be able to do it in the smaller jar either. I also think mineral concealer could be used in the smaller jars with no problems. I use a small concealer brush that would fit just fine in a 3 gram lid, to do my concealer with if needed.

Humm? I've never used MM, and don't know much about it or how to use it. I've always wanted to try it. But from what you say, a person really needs a lid from a larger jar to tap and swirl or is that swirl and tap the brush? And the little jar lid doesn't allow for that? Am I understanding this correctly? If so, than I think that I would not use them. However, you do need some kind of option for customers to buy sample sizes. Because I know if it were me, I would not buy a larger size until I had tried it out and knew that I liked it. So, that said, maybe a cheaper smaller jar for samples? Ok, now I feel like I'm chasing my tail, lol.

ETA -- Chickie didn't the banner in your signature used to link to the website? I can't get it to work anymore ;-( I've been browsing - LOL! When my current supply runs out I think I'll be coming your way.

Yes it is a direct link to my Minerals page. Is it not working ????

Shoot I don't know what happened to it, it's not working. I'll try one of my other ones. Thank you!

I can't vote on this till I get me order lol! Is it here yet? :wink2:

Actually if this stuff lasts a long time, for peeps like me (who like to scare others without wearing makeup most of the time) this size might be ideal to help ease us back into the less scary attitude.

I can't vote on this till I get me order lol! Is it here yet? :wink2:

Actually if this stuff lasts a long time, for peeps like me (who like to scare others without wearing makeup most of the time) this size might be ideal to help ease us back into the less scary attitude.

LOL you haven't gotten it yet? Dang what's wrong with the mailman????

I agree with Vio. The 3 gram jars are perfect for eye shadows and concealers but NOT for the foundations or blushes as people typically use a larger brush for those two. I'd keep them available for small brush applications but not offer them on the products you know to require the larger brushes.

If it won't increase your sample prices by much I'd offer the sample foundations and blushes in the larger sifter jars.

I was lucky enough to have some of the large jars on hand when I received my samples from you because there was no way my large kabuki brush was fitting into those teeny tiny lids. LOL

I agree with Vio. The 3 gram jars are perfect for eye shadows and concealers but NOT for the foundations or blushes as people typically use a larger brush for those two. I'd keep them available for small brush applications but not offer them on the products you know to require the larger brushes.

If it won't increase your sample prices by much I'd offer the sample foundations and blushes in the larger sifter jars.

I was lucky enough to have some of the large jars on hand when I received my samples from you because there was no way my large kabuki brush was fitting into those teeny tiny lids. LOL

I like the little jars for samples, but your right.... you can't use them with your brushes.

I too think they are perfect for the Eye Shadows, they last awhile and the brush works ok in the lids. And that way they are cheap enough to get more shades.

I'm leaning on the side of offering the jars for sale empty, that way they can get a large empty jar for the Foundation to swirl in. And the cost of the jar wouldn't be that much to add to their orders. And this way if they don't like the product, they won't be stuck with a lot of it they won't use. I can add a note to suggest that they purchase an empty 30gr jar to use for their Foundation, Bronzer, Blush etc somewhere on the product pages. What do you all think ?

Everything already stated from users of MM is true for me as well. I haven't bought any eye shadows yet, so I don't know how you package them. I do think the 3 gr jars would be perfect for eye shadows.

My concern is for the person who has never used MM or has seen a demo. A newbie might get totally confused and frustrated with the little jars. As others have said, when I buy a smaller size to try, I use my containers from the BM days because of the lid circumference.

Aint packaging a pita?? :undecided

Everything already stated from users of MM is true for me as well. I haven't bought any eye shadows yet, so I don't know how you package them. I do think the 3 gr jars would be perfect for eye shadows.

My concern is for the person who has never used MM or has seen a demo. A newbie might get totally confused and frustrated with the little jars. As others have said, when I buy a smaller size to try, I use my containers from the BM days because of the lid circumference.

Aint packaging a pita?? :undecided

Girl you said it!!! I offer the Eye Shadows in 3, 5 and 10 gram size jars. I don't think anyone would want them in 30 gr jars lol, but I could be wrong.

I'm leaning on the side of offering the jars for sale empty, that way they can get a large empty jar for the Foundation to swirl in. And the cost of the jar wouldn't be that much to add to their orders. And this way if they don't like the product, they won't be stuck with a lot of it they won't use. I can add a note to suggest that they purchase an empty 30gr jar to use for their Foundation, Bronzer, Blush etc somewhere on the product pages. What do you all think ?

I think that would be a great idea, I'd jump all over the chance to get a larger jar, and yet be able to try some sample colors. Great idea!!! :D

So wait ... my base coming isn't big enough for brushes or Chickie needs to offer bigger brushes?

And no. That dang mailman better not be prettin' himself up to deliver an empty package!

The set you have coming is all 3 gr jars. I didn't even think to put in a 30 gr jar. :undecided Do you have an empty jar that you can use to tap a little powder into it? Then you can swirl and tap your brush? Any jar like a B&B jar? Just something you can shake some powder into?

Even one of these would work....

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Images/Products/2ozWhiteDoubleWallJar58.400_3611.jpg

The brush set you got will work fine, it's just that you will need a larger jar to shake a little bit of powder into, and then put your brush in and swirl it and then tap the excess powder off back into that jar, then apply to your face.

This has some good information

http://ezinearticles.com/?Applying-Mineral-Makeup&id=78602

I added the option to purchase an extra 30gr jar to the shopping cart for Foundation, Blush, Bronzers and Veils.

I'm going to put a note someplace for people new to Minerals that it would be a good idea to purchase the extra empty jar. Sorry I hadn't thought of this before.

Thank you all for your help!

I use mineral makeup from alot of different companies. The last samples I bought came in 5 gram jars and those aren't big enough to swirl in. I always use a little plastic container or whatever I can find. I say keep the 3 gram jars because unless someone orders the full size jars they wont be able to swirl in them anyway and I hate those little baggies! I think offering empty jars is a good idea too!

• 1 month later...

I am interested in trying the mineral make-up since that is what I use personally. What would be the best to start making first? Eye colors? I would be selling them in my vendor's booth. Also, where is a good place to get the items I need without costing an arm and a leg, lol. Thanks. :embarasse

Guest Candelishis
Well having gotten the kit, need more schtuff! LOL! I just tap into the lids and make the brushes work. Being able to tape in more foundation though would probably be good. Takes awhile to apply it from the small jar, but love this schtuff!

I LUV your "schtuff" too, Chickie! lol. I do think that the larger sifter jars are much easier to work with, so I voted "no" on your poll.

I used to use bare minerals, but after someone singing your praises on here, I jumped right in and got a 10 gram jar of your silky soft foundation in medium beige. Bare minerals gave me a tingly-burning feeling when I first put it on, but yours doesn't do that to me :D

And, just to let you know - my skin is pretty oily in my tzone and dry on my cheeks and around my jawline. It's all evened out now, and I haven't had a zit in 2 months. LoL. My mom said one day how pretty my skin had become, and i told her I got new makeup, so she tried out some of mine and ordered some too.

I have green eyes - I got some of your emerald sea eyeshadow too, and actually use it as liner with a wet angle brush. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! and really brings out the green in my eyes.

I was going to email you and let you know how much i like my new makeup, but I keep forgetting, so might as well tell you on here, so everybody else can read it too. Good job!!!