What soap was not a big Christmas seller for you this year?

SoapInTheCity

This year I made many Christmas soaps including, Egg Nog, Merry Mistletoe, Candy Cane, Gingerbread, Pumpkin Pie.....I found people weren't entirely interested in the Christmas soaps this year....but I did completely sell out to about 3 customers who bought big quantities of the Christmas soaps for making their own baskets for teachers gifts etc.

Last year I got stuck with lots of Christmas soap. Mostly Frank & Myrrh. I was including it as a freebie in outgoing orders for the next two months, LOL. So this year, I only made 1 holiday soap; Iced Gingerbread. And I sold out of it. No leftovers! Yea!!

Now holiday candles? I do still have a few of those left over :(

I got stuck with some chocolate fudge scented soap. Thats what I get for switching fragrance oils. I had been using Cocoa Therapy from Fillmore and that was a good seller and it smelled sooooo good. Problem is they only sell oils in 1 oz samples or 16oz sizes. So I switched to a new oil cause I didn't want to buy 16oz. Big mistake-- it just wasn't as popular.:(

I managed to sell all but 6 bars and decided to take them to work to give away. A co-worker had kids and asked if he could take a bar or two. I asked him how many kids and he said six. So... the chocolate soap found a loving home for Christmas!:)

I have only been successful selling holiday soaps one year, and I sold everyone I made, the next yr. I made a bit more and didn't sell hardly any :(

so I just stopped making them. I carry apple jack all year around and call it

spiced apple, I carry Frank & Myrrh all yr and call it Gifts of the Kings and

that is all, around Christmas I re-package with some Christmas colors and change the names to the traditional Christmas names and go that route, I also do a pumpkin fall soap every year that I carry thru until it runs out I wish that my customers would buy the traditional Christmas soaps it was so

much fun making them and decorating the packages but they said they were

for gifts and once they were open Christmas was over so they wanted either the springy scents or the traditional winter scents, go figure.

Janis

Cranberry was a big seller for me. I sold an Indonesian Teak soap with gold mica sprinkled on the top and it sold out too. I sold tons of MP soaps in christmas shapes. Oatmeal is always a hit but I could not keep it stocked this year and last but certainly not least Peppermint and Eucalytus sold wuite nicely.

You asked which did NOT sell......ummmm the clean and fresh types did not sell.

I only made two and they were both pumpkin spice but one had cinnamon sprinkled on top and the other had actual pumpkin in it. Sold out of the one with cinnamon. Did not sell but one of the one made with pumpkin. Sam fragrance,

This happened to me too. Same fragrance, one turned very dark brown with the added pumpkin so I sprinkled nutmeg on top and called it Creamy Nutmeg. The other I called Pumpkin Spice and didn't add pumpkin - it actually looked like pumpkin. Creamy Nutmeg won by a landslide.

Peppermint didn't sell at all. That's as far as I go with holiday scents - I usually stick to my basics and just offer gift packs.

I did an evergreen that I thought was great and it did not go so well. Also had a jack frost-the peppermint vanilla. If only everyone's tastes were like mine. Pumpkin vanilla went really well when I thought it was not so great smelling. funny!!

i would like some eggnog--i did not have any of that!!