How can I make a neopolitan Soap

soapnewbie

Using a log mold, I'd get some sturdy dividers, plexiglass maybe, thin enough that they'll stay in place till you're done pouring, and then remove the dividers.

Pink ... I'd use hot pink ... mica form, but there's a nice fireberry color pink on the light end in SS. Can't help you beyond that.

Or I'd pour three layers into a slab mold or swirl in two of the colors and pass on the layers.

Amethyst Pink from MMS is a wonderful pink. Pink oxide works as well. Here's a combination of pink oxide and amethyst pink.

coconut_layer.jpg

Made in three separate layers. Can you see where I dropped the spatula onto the second layer while pouring the third? :o

Good luck with your neapolitan soap!

Thanks,

Everyone for the input. I had a red Mica cellini I believe and mixed it with a white base and the pink I wanted turned out. I made the neoplitian that I was wanting, but it was the Melt and pour process. I will be trying either the hot or cold press soap soon. I am just trying to figure out which one is easier. Thanks again

Using a log mold, I'd get some sturdy dividers, plexiglass maybe, thin enough that they'll stay in place till you're done pouring, and then remove the dividers.

Pink ... I'd use hot pink ... mica form, but there's a nice fireberry color pink on the light end in SS. Can't help you beyond that.

Or I'd pour three layers into a slab mold or swirl in two of the colors and pass on the layers.

Hi Scented, I would like to try this but I am competely lost in how to do this. I can understand how to do it in a slab mold by just pouring layers. But it a log mold? I am lost LOL (nothing new) :D

Where do you put the dividers?

If you put them like this, how would you cut the soap so that all three colors would be in it?

alogmold1.jpg

And if you put them like this, how would you get them out? They would be under the soap in between the layers.

alogmold1a.jpg

Hi Scented,

Yep I used a white glycerin base and a little red with a little bit of strawberry oil and got the pink. Aw man I hope it was pink. It looked pink. I swear. I'll post a picture later to show.

So you were using MP then? That would probably explain the difference.

Pour your colors (put the dividers in the second illustration -- lengthwise) into the spaces created by the dividers and after pouring, remove the dividers carefully so the soap fills up the space between and then let gel/set up.

Thank you

I believe Brenda pours her layers without using dividers. I have done two layers without dividers and it isn’t so hard.

Just prepare 3 separate 1lb batches of soap, keeping the oils and lye separated until you are ready to make the batch.

First pour your first layer, pouring at a medium/thin trace. Then start blending your second batch, bring to a thinner trace than the first layer and slowly pour onto the first layer. Then blend your third layer, bring to a thin trace, same as the second and slowly pour over the second layer.

Cover and let sit for a couple days before slicing.

The layers should be firmed up enough to pour on top of each other, while you are taking the time to slowly blend the next layer.

These soaps look wonderful. They would be great for valentine baskets. I am making my first batch of soap tomorrow morning, yikes. Do you make three batches of soap for the nepolian or can you just divide or batch of in three different containers make the three different colors. I know this is probably a dumb question but had to ask, lol

No question is a dumb question :wink2:......I would divided portions of the soap in different containers and color than layer into your mold.

These soaps look wonderful. They would be great for valentine baskets. I am making my first batch of soap tomorrow morning, yikes. Do you make three batches of soap for the nepolian or can you just divide or batch of in three different containers make the three different colors. I know this is probably a dumb question but had to ask, lol

Here's what I did a couple of days ago. Was trying a new scent, so tried a new way of pouring and colouring, well for me anyway. I'm sure the idea has been done a thousand times before.

As I wanted it to fit my log mould, I used my usual recipe, melted the oils, then divided that into three equal portions into three pots. Made up the lye water, divided that into three separate equal portions. Divided the scent the same way.

Made up the three colours that I wanted to use, in my case green pink and white. Used TD for the white.

Then I made up the bottom layer of soap. Did as usual, coloured, scented then poured. I wanted tilted layers, so the next layer couldn't go on until the first layer was set hard enough that I could tilt the log mould in the other direction.

Made up the second layer, coloured, scented and poured gently onto the first.

When this set, straightened my log, and poured the third layer.

Wrapped and let gel.

I wouldn't recommend a scent that traced fairly quickly, as I like time to play. Thankfully this scent was beautiful to work with.

If I can work out how to post a pic, I will try and show you the finished result.

Not quite what i wanted, but for a first, I'm fairly happy with it.

Just how I do things.

Tracey