I made lotion!!!

beau's mama

:yay: :yay:

I've been toying w/ the idea of making lotion for a whole year, the whole sterile environment/preservative thing just made me nervous. Even came up w/ a recipe that I knew would be great for me, but still didn't do it. Well, I got a hair up my butt today & went for it.

I used Fusion Magic / Fantasy Creme Maker along w/ my recipe. It's just a tad thicker than I wanted my lotion to be but I think I'm going to enjoy playing w/ the recipe. I'll play around with lotion-making w/ regular e-wax next week to see which one I like better.

Thanks for looking!

Daaaayum! I made lotion ya'll!

ETA: I told a CT'er that I had been thinking of making lotion for a whole year & she replied:

"But have you been trying to make lotion for a year? it's kinda sad if you have and still no lotion...lol but somehow I don't think you've really been focusing on it or you would be turning out expert gallons:D "

She was right, so THANK YOU for calling me on it! You & that hair up my butt made me crank it out!

post-5496-139458438808_thumb.jpg

post-5496-139458438811_thumb.jpg

Looks super. How did you like working with the FM? Easy, huh?

Yeah, it was easy. Being a virgin I didn't really know what to expect, & it started to thicken in a matter of seconds :shocked2: I don't know if that's what happens making lotion the regular way, but I'll find out soon.

Coco, be careful. You know how this B&B stuff is...ADDICTIVE!

I've read a few posts about the fusion magic breaking down and thinning out. Have you noticed any difference in the lotion yet?

Hey Carrie

I havent noticed anything different yet, but it's only been 2 days. I'm keeping watch on my little throw around bottle.

Thank you all for the FB. I appreciate it!

I still can't believe that I made lotion:shocked2:

Hey Carrie

I havent noticed anything different yet' date=' but it's only been 2 days. I'm keeping watch on my little throw around bottle.

Thank you all for the FB. I appreciate it!

I still can't believe that I made lotion:shocked2:

Thank you. I bought some of this stuff to make a moisturizer but haven't used it yet. Please keep me updated.

Great job!!! I LOVE the fusion. I have used it for several months. I have never had any problems with it breaking down. I have a jar of my first batch and it is still as creamy as the day I made it. I LOVE how my skin feels after using my recipe with this.

It is definitely addicting so WATCH OUT:pYou will have a new "up do" hair style for a longgggg time now lol

:yay: :yay: :yay:oh my that looks sooooo creamy and I want to slather it everywhere! I bet you were beyond tickled when you realized just how easy it was.:highfive: :D

Girl, tickled is not even close! I went from :confused: to :undecided to :shocked2: to *faint* to :yay: in 10 seconds. I'm still trippin' whenever I use it.

Ahh, life's little B&B pleasures!

This is so encouraging. I really want to make a body butter/cream/heavy lotion and right now that is the ONLY thing I want to make (other than my soap and candles, lol) but I have been totally overwhelmed by all the steps and products and such.

Your creation looks delish!!

Bravo

:yay:

dana

Just an update for those interested.

It's been a week now, no seperation yet. I left my throw around bottle in the car during the snowstorm. It didn't freeze, but it was VERY cold & VERY VERY thick! I let it get room temp & it went right back to normal. Seems the scent got stronger in that bottle for some reason :undecided