I had a lapse in good judgement

Actually, it was just a lapse. I would normally never fess up to doing something so stupid, but since we're all friends here... I'm hoping you'll see the funny side of this like I do....now.:D

I was burning a group of test candles... I was leaning over them (they're on a low endtable) to check them out and see how they were burning. I happened to see something on the floor that I wanted to pick up and momentarily forgot there were candles burning!:shocked2::o

I leaned down to pick this item off the floor and accidently stuck my bangs inside one of the jars that was on the edge of the table.*faint*

Needless to say... I have had to "trim" my bangs and now I have baby bangs!:laugh2:

My husband is just beside himself everytime he looks at me and all I can say is thank God I still have eyebrows!:laugh2: :laugh2:

*thinking to myself everytime I look in the mirror* It's just hair, it's just hair!

Kim

What would we do if it never grew back? LOL ;)

The first thing I would do is cry!:laugh2:

Sharon... you just have no idea how BAD that smelled! Bobby (husband) looked at me after I trimmed my bangs and asked if I learned a good lesson! No sympathy going on there!:laugh2:

The sad thing is much like when I was heating my glass pour pot in the microwave to get the excess off the edges and kept almost setting things on fire then.... it's going to probably take another lesson or 2 to really sink in.

Never professed to being the fastest learner of the bunch!:laugh2:

Kim

icon1.gifLearned a VERY valuable lesson

OCCASIONALLY... I have issues with fire. Meaning every so often, I accidently burn something. My husband swears the smoke dectector is my done signal when it comes to cooking.:rolleyes2

Well.... I have officially learned to not #1. turn the microwave on for long periods of time when trying to loosen wax on the sides of containers, #2. some fo's are more volitile than others and #3. if you're going to leave a paper towel in the container to absorb wax as it melts, don't walk off!:D

MOTHEROFGAWD!!!!! Needless to say, I had smoke!:laugh2:

But!!! It doesn't stop there... I don't claim to be the fastest learner!:rolleyes2 I not only did it once, but I did it twice! LOL! Priceless... I wish I could have seen my face when I opened the microwave!

Kimberly

See.... I have had issues with fire on other occasions also! I knew there was a thread somewhere fessing up to some of the other stuff I'd done.

Kim

Kim,

This is serious - I'm so glad you weren't hurt! The only reason I can chuckle is because you were not hurt and I can't help but think - at least it's hair. I lost all my hair in chemo and it's just growing back. Talk about baby bangs!!!:DLet's post our pics and people will think we use the same hairdresser. lol

Kathy

Kim, I'm a hairstylist also, at least just for friends and family now, so I can imagine your embarrasment! The smell of burnt hair probably made it impossible to smell the candle! LOL. The good thing, at least you are a trained professional and can cut it to make it look like you meant to do it and not accidental!!!!!!

On the brighter side, I'm glad to hear that your hair is growing back CandleKat! Hope you are doing well.